Article source: Studio MWA
“Beautiful” – Bach (holiday home) in New Zealand’s Marlborough Sounds at Bay of Many Coves . Quite often at the start of the Design process, after we have had a chance to talk to the client and experience the site for the first time, you ask yourself should we do anything to the existing site, or should the beautiful natural environment remain as it is?
- Architects: Studio MWA
- Project: Purotu Bach
- Location: Marlborough Sounds – Bay of Many Coves (Miritu Bay), New Zealand
- Photography: Ivor Earp – Jones
- Client: Withheld
- Type: New holiday home – Bach
- Size: Total site area 4611 m2, Interior floor area 165 m2, deck – terrace area over 180 m2, covered outdoor area 52 m2 and under bach storage area 125 m2.
- Author Of The Project: Davor Mikulcic Dipl. Eng. Arch. (Sarajevo) RAIA, ANZIA
- Structural Engineer: Meyers & Associates Ltd.
- Project Team: Michael Maddern and Davor Mikulcic
- Status: Project completed
- Software used: ArchiCAD software in combination with Artlantis studio (renderings and animations)