Article source: Arata Isozaki + Andrea Maffei Architects
The project stems from a major international competition in which the Principality of Monaco gave the opportunity for private investors to propose an extension of the principle of the sea with the construction of residences, offices, museums, hotels for a gross built-up area of up to 275,000 square meters.
- Architects: Arata Isozaki + Andrea Maffei Architects
- Project: Monaco – Montecarlo SeaLand
- Location: Montecarlo, Monaco
- Program: extension of the Monaco city on the sea with new residential, office, hotel, museums
- Client: Monte Carlo Sea Land Ltd.
- Competition: 2007- 2008
- Design team: Arata Isozaki, Tokyo + Andrea Maffei Architects, Milan Studio Daniel Libeskind, New York Alexandre Giraldi, Monaco
- Landscape: West 8, Rotterdam
- Structure: Ove Arup & Partners, NY
- Plants: Ove Arup & Partners, NY
- Enviroment: Ove Arup & Partners, NY
- Program and cost planning: Currie & Brown, London
- General contractor: Condotte, Astaldi, Impregilo
- Project manager: Bovis Lend Lease
- Site area: 160.000 mq. artificial island
- Gross floor area: 275.000 – 315.000 mq.