Article source: TEd’A arquitectes
The house is located on a plot, not very large. This situation invites to compact the house on one side, continuing the alignment of the street façade while maximizing the patio with good solar exposure.
The house occupies a corner plot. For this reason, instead of adopting the usual uni-directional organization (street-patio), of houses between medians, the proposal is organized in two perpendicular directions. The house does not have a dominant direction. The house wants to look in all directions.
- Architects: TEd’A arquitectes (Jaume Mayol, Irene Pérez)
- Project: JORDI AND ÀFRICA’S HOME
- Location: C. Mestre Josep Porcel, 26. Montuïri, Spain
- Promoter: Jordi Biel Mayol i Àfrica Serra
- Area: 311 m2
- Design: 2010 – 2012
- Construction: 2012 – 2015