Article source: UNStudio
UNStudio’s design for the Baumkirchen Mitte in Munich has been selected as the winning entry from a shortlist of 6 finalists which included, among others, BIG Architects, Juergen Mayer H Architects and Schneider + Schumacher Architects.
UNStudio worked in collaboration with OR else Landscapes on the design for the18,500m2 residential and office complex located in the east of Munich. With its 60 metre high tower the project will become the focal point for the entrance to the new Baumkirchen Mitte development.
- Architects: UNStudio
- Project: Baumkirchen Mitte
- Location: München, Germany
- Client: CA Immo, PATRIZIA
- Building surface: 18.500
- Building volume: 47716 m3 (BRI Above Ground)
- Building site: 3820 m2
- Programme: 13.000m2 Office Space, 5.500m2 Residential
- Status: Winning Competition Proposal
- UNStudio: Ben van Berkel, Astrid Piber with Wouter de Jonge, Jan Schellhoff and Elisabeth Brauner, Abhijit Kapade, Grygorii Zotov, Steven Reisinger, Derrick Diporedjo, Mick Heijkens, Jürgen Heinzel, Patrick Noome
- Landscape: OR else Landscapes, Breukelen, NL
- MEP & Sustainability: Werner Sobek, Stuttgart, DE
- Fire: HPP Berlin, München, DE