Article source: Atelier Zündel Cristea
The Communes du Pays du Ried Brun community wished to build new offices to house Muntzenheim’s treasury, the former offices having become too cramped. The project consisted of utilizing 190m2 for the offices, which were to include a public reception area, archival premises, a cafeteria, as well as premises for the strong-lock. The site that was chosen is easily flooded, thus binding us to raise the building 80cm, and consequently to erect a staircase, and a ramp for the physically disabled, for access to the reception area.
- Architect: Atelier Zündel Cristea
- Name of Project: Treasury Office
- Location: Muntzenheim, France
- Completed: (2004-2005)
- Award: “Grand Est” Architectural Prize (2005)
- Client: COMCO “du pays du Ried Brun” / SEMHA