Article source: Virai Arquitectos
This project proposed a mixed-use building for the municipality of Muskiz with public functions (a small auditorium and a youth centre) and private functions (offices, bars and retail), organized by means of a public square with a covered gallery. The municipality of Muskiz is dominated by the presence of a big refinery, visible from the motorway from Bilbao to Santander. The public square is opened towards the south, the views and the sun; it is closed towards the north, to protect itself from the dominant winds and severe rainfalls and to conceal the ever-present view on the refinery and its chimneys.
- Architects: Virai Arquitectos
- Project: Auditorium and multifunctional building
- Location: calle de Cendeja 21, Muskiz, Vizcaya, Spain.
- First prize competition: October 2001
- Working project: 2002
- Working period: 2002-2003
- Client: Municipality of Muskiz
- Software used: Brick Cad and Tricalc