Article source: Miralles Tagliabue EMBT
The construction of Zhang Daqian museum, a project designed by Benedetta Tagliabue / EMBT, has begun a few months ago in Neijiang, China.
Zhang Daqian was one of the best-known and most prodigious Chinese artists of the 20th century. Originally known as a guohua painter, by the 1960s he was also renowned as a modern impressionist and expressionist painter.
- Architects: Miralles Tagliabue EMBT (Benedetta Tagliabue / EMBT)
- Project: Zhang Daqian Museum
- Location: Neijiang, China
- Photography: EMBT
- Client: Shen Zhen Excellence Kang He Investment and Development Pty., Ltd.”
- Project director: Daniel Rosselló
- Design Phase :
- Project director: Daniel Rosselló.
- Collaborators: Francesca Origa, Gabriele Rotelli, Verena Vogler, Vaiva Simoliunaite, Susana Oses, Davis Gertners, Ana Isabel Fernandes, Vincenzo Messina, Javier Rivero Carnota, David Mas Trigueros, David Ricardo Ramírez, Evangelia Anamourlogluo, Maria Ioanna Barka, Fabian Vargas, Pauline Suhr, Enrique Franco, Claudia Paola Martinez, Dean Mapeso, Rebeca Pérez Casterà,
- Construction Phase:
- Project director: Elena Nedelcu.
- Collaborators: Wang Lingzhe, Marzia Faranda, Ana Otelea.
- EMBT Shangai Team:
- Project Director: Igor Peraza.
- Collaborators: Qiwei Hu, Chen Hao, Dee Liu, Pey Lung, Kathrine E. Thoen, Wei Song, Lorenzo Trucato.
- Dates: 2010 – In progress