Article source: Geninasca Delefortrie Architectes FAS SIA
When a place speaks, the most constructive reaction is to listen to it rather than to converse with it. The crossing of the Areuse at a precise point of the gauge was the demand.
The answer is this footbridge, an organic structure, ensuring a better echo with the site and the river. The objective power of this artefact holds in its ability the power to blend in perfectly with the site and get clearly noticed. There is no submission to the place but just respect.
- Architects: Geninasca Delefortrie Architectes FAS SIA
- Project: Footbridge Crossing L’Areuse
- Location: Combe des Epines, 2017 Boudry, Neuchatel, Switzerland
- Photography: Thomas Jantscher
- Client: Canton of Neuchâtel
- Civil Eegineer: Chablais and Poffet SA, Estavayer-le-Lac
- Manufacturer Metal: Technical Metal Sàrl