Article source: PAB Architects
Faculty of Agricultural Sciences and Technologies consists of four departments, classrooms, lecture rooms, laboratories and social facilities. The project aims to unite theoretical and practical education via its architectural approach by interweaving the buildings and the applied agricultural land into each other. Agricultural landscape continues throughout the building and unites indoor and outdoor areas. Students not only work in laboratories for practical education, but they also work on land with seeds and seedlings for various researches. This approach defines landscape as a crucial part of daily life in the faculty and places the buildings around a courtyard as its core. While the landscape enables experimental agriculture, it also allows different plants in different seasons to become landscape elements for the building. The courtyard, while maximizing the natural ventilation and lighting, also becomes a social gathering space for students.
- Architects: PAB Architects (Pinar Gokbayrak, Ali Eray, Burcin Yildirim)
- Project: Nigde University – Ayhan Sahenk Faculty of Agricultural Sciences and Technologies
- Location: Nigde, Turkey
- Project team: Pinar Gokbayrak, Ali Eray, Burcin Yildirim, Samim Magriso, Ekin Aytac, Eda Ozgener, Zeynep Ceylan, Eda Yeyman
- Consultants: Eda Lerzan Tuncbil, Emre Arslan, Elif Celik
- Construction area: 24.000m2