Article source: McBride Charles Ryan
The Cloud House is an addition and renovation to a double-fronted Edwardian house in Fitzroy North. Over the course of close to a century, this house has received several additions and modifications.
McBride Charles Ryan’s work for the house is designed in three parts. This allows for a sequence of distinct and unexpected episodes, with glimpses previewing oncoming spaces and experiences as you move through the home.
- Architects: McBride Charles Ryan
- Project: Cloud House
- Location: North Fitzroy, Australia
- Photography: John Gollings
- Project team: Rob McBride, Debbie-Lyn Ryan, Marie Chen, Cathryn Panettieri, Ben Inman, Gabriella Muto
- Builder: Quinn Constructions
- Structural: Hive Engineering
- Geotechnical: Hardrock
- Joinery: Enmore Joinery
- Land Surveyor: Crawford Way Pty Ltd
- Building Surveyors: Reddo Building Surveyors
- Floor area: 220sqm
- Extension area: 70sqm