Article source: OOZE architects
The temporary Visitors Center for EMSCHERKUNST.2013 and the Art Camp for local art associations are made from re-used oversea containers which house the different programs. By keeping the layout strictly on ground level and referring to a path through a village, not only the space inside matters, but also the various in-between spaces, sheltered by a roof or open-air.
In this way a variety of social spaces are created while keeping the site fully permeable.
- Architects: OOZE architects
- Project: visitor centre: Emscher Village
- Location: Oberhausen, Germany
- Photography: Roman Mensing
- AREAS: 1263m2
- CLIENT: Emscher genossenschaft
- TEAM: Eva Pfannes,Sylvain Hartenberg, Augustin Roy-Verger
- STRUCTURAL ENGINEER: Reto Bonomo
- Steel: Leo Kok – Tiggelovend-Kok
- Fabric: Gerrie Enninga – Zonlicht
- Interior fitting, external wood works: Jasper Vandermade
- Garden: Stefanie Strauß
- DATE: June 2013 – October 2013