Article source: Robert M. Gurney, FAIA, Architect
Modest houses on small lots comprise the Quillen’s Point neighborhood, adjacent to the Chesapeake Bay in Ocean View, Delaware. An eclectic mix of houses, gravel roads ending at the bay and wooded lots provide a nostalgic, informal setting for this new house. The project site is near the end of Burbage Lane, the second lot from the bay with expectations that the adjacent waterfront lot will eventually be developed.
- Architect and Entrant: Robert M. Gurney, FAIA, Architect
- Name of Project: Lujan House
- Location: Ocean View, Delaware
- Contractor: Karl Gude – Gude and Conard, Inc.
- Engineer: D. Anthony Beale LLC
- Interior Designer: Therese Baron Gurney, ASID – Baron Gurney Interiors
- Landscape Designer: Chris Valenti – JB Landscaping
- All drawings and text: Robert M. Gurney, FAIA, Architect
- Photographer: Anice Hoachlander – Hoachlander Davis Photography
- Software used: CAD2004Lite for the drawings