Article source: GROSFELD VAN DER VELDE ARCHITECTEN
The plot of House L is sited in the wooded environs of Oosterhout.
The existing landscape, the orientation to the rural surroundings and the planning conditions were the deciding factors in the siting of the dwelling at the rear of the plot.
The ground floor was raised with respect to the current ground level, with large glass surfaces positioned to look out over the rural landscape and terraces running the length of the building with an unbroken roof surface on corbelling, all of which allow the outer space to be experienced to the full. At the same time, the large roof projections are designed to prevent too much light entering.
Image Courtesy © Marcel Briaire
- Architects: GROSFELD VAN DER VELDE ARCHITECTEN
- Project: HOUSE L
- Location: Oosterhout, Netherlands
- Photography: Marcel Briaire, Rene de Wit
- Client: private
- Project architect(s): Pascal Grosfeld
- Team members: Jeroen Michielsen and Joana Martinslima
- Construction consultants (name, location): R2 constructie adviesbureau bv, Breda
- Installation consultants (name, location): Schouten Installatie Advies bv, Breda
- Acoustic consultants (name, location): n/a
- Building contractor (name, location): Van Kessel Bouw bv, Geldermalsen
- Gross floor area: 620m2
- Programme: house with annexe
- Initial design (month, year): February 2011
- Final design (month, year): April 2011
- Construction started (month, year): October 2011
- Completion (month, year): June 2012