Article source: Flad Architects
Studies by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) show a dramatic increase in obesity, diabetes, and cardiovascular disease across the United States. These have become a national crisis that requires ongoing and immediate attention.
The Translational Research Institute for Metabolism and Diabetes (TRI) facility will focus on the study of diabetes, obesity, and the metabolic origins of cardiovascular disease – bridging the gap between the research lab and the patient’s bedside and allowing for scientific discoveries and treatments to be developed more quickly and on a more personalized level.
- Architects: Flad Architects
- Project: Florida Hospital / Burnham Institute Translational Research Institute for Metabolism & Diabetes
- Location: Orlando, Florida
- Flad Role: Full architectural services
- Size: 54,000 square feet
- Completion: 2011 est.
- Software used: Renderings were created with Sketchup and Podium. Final documents were done in Revit.