Article source: K2S Architects
The granite Paasitorni fortress was originally built for the use of Helsinki labor movement. Now the block functions as a successful conference center. Paasitorni Hotel comprises of two existing buildings and a new wing hidden behind early 20-century and 1950s facades.
- Architects: K2S Architects Ltd.
- Project: Hotel Paasitorni
- Location: Paasitorni, Finland
- Architects: Kimmo Lintula, Niko Sirola and Mikko Summanen
- Client: HWA Helsinki Workers Association
- User: Helsinki Congress Paasitorni, Scandic Hotels, Graniittiravintolat Restaurants
- Built area: 11400 m² (gross)
- Design phase: 09/2008 – 01/2010
- Construction phase: 02/2010 – 06/2012
- Photos: Marko Huttunen
- Software used: Autocad architecture 2012; Rhino 4; Maxwell Render 1.7; Blender 2.49