Posts Tagged ‘Portugal’
Thursday, June 5th, 2014
Article source: Nelson Resende Arquitecto
The construction area, occupied before with a house, several support structures, a porch and a upland, keeps an old wall, made of stone, that subdivides it in two platforms, being one of them perfectly on level, in the interior of the field, and being the other one ramped into the street.
Image Courtesy © FG + SG, Fotografia de Arquitectura
- Architects: Nelson Resende Arquitecto
- Project: House in Sobral
- Location: Sobral, Portugal
- Photography: FG + SG, Fotografia de Arquitectura
- Project date: 2006/2007
- Construction date: 2008/2011
- Client: private
- Exterior design: Nelson Resende, Architect
- Structures: Miguel Pinho, Civil Engineer
- Infrastructures: Miguel Pinho, Engineer
- Electrical Infrastructures: António Amorim, Electrical Engineer
- Construction: Several builders
- Construction área: 238.00 m2
- Levels: 1 level
Saturday, May 31st, 2014
Article source: CVDB Arquitectos
The Tapestry Museum in Arraiolos occupies an existent building that once was Espírito Santo Hospital. The building is located in the main square of Arraiolos (Lima de Brito Square), a small town in Alentejo, Portugal. This public space streamlines the town’s social and cultural life. It gathers the Municipality and some commercial services. The Tapestry Museum contributes to consolidate the character of the square as qualified public space, in the urban tissue of Arraiolos.
Image Courtesy © Fernando Guerra | FG+SG
- Architects: CVDB Arquitectos
- Project: Tapestry Museum
- Location: Arraiolos, Portugal
- Photography: Fernando Guerra | FG+SG
- Architect In Charge: Cristina Veríssimo, Diogo Burnay, Tiago Filipe Santos
- DESIGN TEAM: Joana Barrelas, Rodolfo Reis, Ariadna Nieto, Ângelo Branquinho, Hugo Nascimento, Inês Carrapiço, José Maria Lavena, Laura Palma e Miguel Travesso.
- STRUCTURE, FOUNDATION ANS AND SERVICES: AFA Consult
- LANDSCAPE DESIGN: F&C Arquitectura Paisagista
- REHABILITATION CONSULTANT: Prof. Arq. José Aguiar
- CLIENT: Câmara Municipal de Arraiolos
- TOTAL COST: 1.000.000,00 €
- GROSS AREA: 1.200,00 m²
Thursday, May 29th, 2014
Article source: Guedes Cruz Arquitectos
When Ponte de Lima Municipal Market was built in 1927 it was the cause of public discussions concerning the pros and cons of its location, although no negative remarks seem to have been made about its elegant design.
70 years later we can still see its somewhat domineering relationship, from the height of its granite base, with the city centre and the avenue of plane trees.
Image Courtesy © Fernando Guerra
- Architects: Guedes Cruz Arquitectos
- Project: Ponte de Lima Municipal Market
- Location: Portugal
- Photography: Fernando Guerra
- Client: City Hall of Ponte de Lima
- Project Time: 1998/2002
- Design Team: Guedes Cruz Arquitectos
- Structural Engineering: Proença e Neves
- Landscape Architecture: Guedes Cruz Arquitectos
- Main Firm: Teixeira Duarte, SA
- Total Floor Area: 4998m2
- Approximate Cost: euro 5000,000
Friday, May 23rd, 2014
Article source: Henrique Barros-Gomes
Complete refurbishment of a late 60´s apartment in Lisbon.
Facing 3 streets, the apartment has great sun exposure and nice views to the surrounding areas. However, its original condition showed a very spacious, but also poorly divided and unbalanced interior, with many partitions, resulting in a needlessly intricate and dark plan. Social and private areas arrangement did not make much sense either – It was felt from the first moment that the house would gain if its organization was completely reversed. Nevertheless, it was a solid construction with a generous ceiling height, and great potential for intervention.
Image Courtesy © Henrique Barros-Gomes
- Architects: Henrique Barros-Gomes
- Project: Apartment Refurbishment
- Location: Lisbon, Portugal
- Photography: Henrique Barros-Gomes
- Software used: CAD software
- Date of project: 2013
- Date of completion: 2013
- Status: Built
- Built Area: 210m2
- Construction: A Renovadora
Tuesday, May 20th, 2014
Article source: OODA
One of the most demanding tasks in Porto nowadays is the intervention on the major amount of old and historical buildings of Porto´s downtown. This project is a renovation of a 20th century building to convert to a 17 housing unit for students and young people in general.
Image Courtesy © Joao Morgado
- Architects: OODA
- Project: DM2 Housing
- Location: Porto, Portugal
- Photography: Joao Morgado
- Type: COMMISSION
- Size: 1,100 SQM
- Client: CONFIDENTIAL
- Team: DIOGO BRITO, RODRIGO VILAS-BOAS, FRANCISCO LENCASTRE, FRANCISCA SANTOS, LOURENÇO MENEZES RODRIGUES
- Status: BUILT
- Date: 2010-2014
Wednesday, May 7th, 2014
Article source: Vitor Vilhena Architects
The building is located in the historical center of Lagos, Rua do Jardim, Rua General Alberto da Silveira, Rua Dr. Júlio Dantas and Travessa da Coroa.
It adjoins the four streets, with fronts built in all the above mentioned streets, forming a quarter.
The existing buildings, were very degraded, without possibility of adaptation.
Image Courtesy © João Morgado
- Architects: Vitor Vilhena Architects (Michael Vieira, Liliana Sequeira, Mario Espinha)
- Project: Rehabilitation of a Quarter in the historic center of Lagos – 13 Houses
- Location: Algarve, Portugal
- Photography: João Morgado
- Date of project: 2011
- Date of completion: 2012
- Status: built
- Building area: 2605.00 m2
- Plot area: 879.50 m2
- Client: Santos da Terra, Real Estate Investments
- Cost: 390.000 €
Wednesday, May 7th, 2014
Article source: Studio ARTE
Casa dos Terraços is a coastal house (with sea view) settled on a slope facing South, nearby the Carvoeiro village. The original building dates from 1967 and was inhabited as a holiday home. Mainly, the concept taken on its construction reflects an organic approach in its shape and relation with the nature.
Image Courtesy © Studio ARTE
- Architects: Studio ARTE (Arch. JoãoCarriço, Arch. Arnold Aarssen)
- Project: CASA DOS TERRAÇOS
- Location: Algarve, Portugal
- PLOT’S AREA: 6.080m2.
- BUILT AREA: 250m2.
- PROJECT/CONSTRUCTION: 2012-2013
- HOUSING PROGRAM: PISO -1 – 1 suite (old garage), PISO 0 – 1 kitchen (indoor/outdoor) + 1 guest toilet + 1 living room + 1 multi-functional room/suite, + 1 office/library/bedroom + 2 suites, OUTDOOR/LANDSCAPING – mediterranean garden + 9 terraces + pool
- INTERIOR STYLING: Lusco Fusco (Concept Store) – Designer JannekeHaane.
- CONSTRUCTION: Domingos Reis.
- ELECTRICITY: João Cabrita.
- PLUMBING: António Amaro.
- LANDSCAPING: Studioarte & Palm Garden.
- POOL: Studioarte & Revipool.
Thursday, May 1st, 2014
Article source: Studio ARTE
There was a time when Silves was the capital of great Andalusia, conquered by the Moors and ruled for centuries, traces of Islamic architecture can still be found in the city once named Xelb, Gharb Al-Anadalus.
The name given Casa Xonar has the meaning to rest, sleep and dream, it offers a perfect retreat in the centre of the old city of Silves. With echoes of this past, Xonar reflects its historical surroundings in the sharpest way, from its Islamic exterior of white washed design to its rooftop terraces and hidden rooms, the concept of private lifestyle runs throughout.
Image Courtesy © Kees Hageman
- Architects: Studio ARTE
- Project: Casa Xonar
- Location: Silves, Algarve, Portugal
- Photography: Kees Hageman
- Architecture & layouts: Arnold Aarssen, Meta Roeymans, Pedro Braz, João Carriço and Joana Pinto.
- Interior design & decoration: Janneke Haane.
Tuesday, April 29th, 2014
Article source: e|348 arquitectura
It is a building consisting of two distinct adjacent and interrelated volumes, the housing itself – consisting of two storeys plus a penthouse – and a garage.
Although the volume, apparently, is being treated as a solid monolith, it is fully traversed, with vertical and horizontal voids, with the purpose of creating strong visual relations with its contiguous exterior spaces, and allowing the light to enter through the entire house.
Image Courtesy © e|348 arquitectura
- Architects: e|348 arquitectura
- Project: House in Miramar
- Location: Miramar, Vila Nova de Gaia, Portugal
- Software used: Autocad, Sketchup and Ecotect
Friday, April 25th, 2014
Article source: Guedes Cruz Architects
The site is the plane where our projects become architecture.
It is on this that we build and what we see are the apparent forms, those which appear above this plane.
In the Alcoutins House the real form is that which has as a support a plane which is 3.5 metres below ground level. It is like a lake, where the volumes float or rest on the base, where we see only the part that appears above the waterline.
Image Courtesy © Ricardo Oliveira Alves
- Architects: Guedes Cruz Architects
- Project: Alcoutins House
- Location: Lisboa, Portugal
- Photography: Ricardo Oliveira Alves
- Area of the Plot: 1172m2
- Above ground: 374m2
- Below ground: 282m2
- Total: 656m2
- Architects In Charge: José Guedes Cruz, Cesar Marques, Marco Martínez Marinho
- Architecture Collaborators: Patrícia Maria Matos, Nelson Aranha
- Construction company: Bonorma
- Landscaping: Paula Botas
- Structure: PPE
- Special installations: Espaço Energia
- Supervision: Horácio Serras