Posts Tagged ‘Portugal’
Thursday, October 24th, 2013
Article source: ADOFF.ZURCATNAS
Based on the pre-existence of a large building which serves as a “skin” to maintain, the concept of action is based on dividing the interior space in “boxes” spaced to the existing construction and arranged according to the program and spans in the original facades. This proposal aims to build within the built and add without touching in order to integrate without merging two distinct approaches to architecture, the existing and the new proposal.
Image Courtesy © Joao Morgado – Architecture Photography
Wednesday, October 9th, 2013
Article source: AND-RÉ
A social place, a space for culture and knowledge.
A project that depicts the essential foundations of the current office philosophy and our vision of architectural and methodological approach facing the contemporary reality.
A project developed based on concepts that favour a social architecture, embodied in a seductive and plastic language, one that responds effectively to the functional requirements.
Image Courtesy © AND-RÉ
- Architects: AND-RÉ
- Project: SETUBAL PUBLIC LIBRARY
- Location: Portugal
- Type: Competition Proposal for the Setúbal Public Library
- Date: 2013
- Area: 2.398 m2
- Promoter: Setúbal Municipality
- Architecture Team: Bruno André, Francisco Salgado Ré, Catarina Fernandes, Fernando Ferreira, Filipe Paixão
- Engenieering & sustainability: AFA consult
Tuesday, October 8th, 2013
Article source: Future Architecture Thinking
The Casa das Artes (House of the Arts) in Miranda do Corvo expresses the meetingbetween two identities, rural and urban, in a landscape marked by the Lousã Mountains.
Image Courtesy © João Morgado
- Architects: Future Architecture Thinking
- Project: Casa das Artes
- Location: Miranda do Corvo, Portugal
- Photography: João Morgado
- Client: Municipalityof Miranda do Corvo
- Area: 2.360 sqm
- Project Team: Architect Miguel Correia, Architect Cláudia Campos, Architect SérgioCatita, ArchitectPatríciade Carvalho, Architect Miguel Cabral, Architect Margarida Magro, Architect Sara Gonçalves, Architect Telmo Maia, Architect Gabriel Santos, ArchitectHilárioAbril, Engineer José Pico, Landscape Architect Sara Távora
- Builder: TECNORÉM – Engenharia e Construções, S.A.
- Year: 2010 /2013
- Software used: REVIT, Autocad and 3DS MAX
Thursday, September 26th, 2013
Article source: Miguel Marcelino
The briefing was to build a three-bedroom house on top of a warehouse built in the 80’s, where part of the roof was made with a flat slab and a small balcony, precisely with that idea of later building the house.
Given the constraints of the existing warehouse, the house shape turns out to be automatically set: a box that rests on the existing structure.
Image Courtesy © João Morgado
- Architects: Miguel Marcelino
- Project: HOUSE ON A WAREHOUSE
- Location: Torres Novas, Portugal
- Photography: João Morgado
- Structural Engineering: 560Eng (João Esteves)
- Plumbing Engineering: 560Eng (José Rodrigues)
- Project: 2007-2010
- Construction: 2011-2012
- General Contractor: João Felício
- Gross Floor Area: 138m2
- Gross Volume: 437m3
- Building Footprint: 114m2
- Site Area: 4.108m2
- Energy Efficiency Class: A
- Client: Cândido Vieira
- Software used: progeCAD
Friday, September 20th, 2013
Article source: Paulo Henrique Durão
BELOW GROUND, ABOVE AIR
I take Saramago once again: “My relation with time is, above all, very specific….when trying to express it graphically; I understand time as a large screen, a huge screen, where every single event is projected, including the oldest and the most recent. On that screen, everything is side by side in a kind of chaos as if time was compressed and flattened on that surface; as if events, facts and people were shown and assembled chaotically instead of being diachronically assembled, and we were meant to find a meaning.” (1)
Image Courtesy © Montserrat Zamorano Gañán
- Architects: Paulo Henrique Durão
- Project: House in Pedrogão
- Location: Pedrogão, Torres Novas, Portugal
- Photography: Montserrat Zamorano Gañán
- CLIENTS: Private
- STATUS: Built
- PROJECT: 2003
- CONSTRUCTION: 2006 . 2008
- COST: Confidential
- COLLABORATION: Daniel Gil Tomé, Nelson Mercê
- AREA: 285m2
- Model: AlexandreCalado
- Structure: Eng Pedro Viegas
- Constructor: António José Santos Cons.
- Mechanics: Rui Regnaud
- Software used: AutoCAD
Sunday, September 15th, 2013
Article source: Atelier Nini Andrade Silva
From the visual ergonomics until the metamorphosis and in between the history and flow of nature, Nini Andrade Silva drew the interior architecture project of the brand new Hotel in the heart of Lisbon – The Beautique Hotel Figueira -, located as suggested by the name, on the Figueira Plaza, in the historic centre of the Capital.
Image Courtesy © Atelier Nini Andrade Silva
- Architects: Atelier Nini Andrade Silva
- Project: The Beautique Hotel Figueira
- Location: Lisbon, Portugal
- Photography: Júlio Castro, Rosie Baytung, Helder Santos
- Project Duration: 9 months
- Opening: March 2013
- Rooms number: 50
- Other: Restaurant, Spa, Gym
Tuesday, September 10th, 2013
Article source: J. M. Carvalho Araújo, Arquitectura e Design S.A.
Answering the request for the conception and design for a Gourmet Restaurant, we developed the project with the idea of a Guesthouse, private equipment as complement of the first. The group intends to relate to the wine production, and to frame this investment in a global brand strategy, instead of an isolated act in the territory.
Image Courtesy © Hugo Carvalho Araújo
- Architects: J. M. Carvalho Araújo, Arquitectura e Design S.A
- Project: De Lemos
- Location: Viseu, Portugal
- Photography: Hugo Carvalho Araújo
- Team: José Manuel Carvalho Araújo, Joel Moniz, Sandra Ferreira, Emanuel de Sousa, Ana Vilar, André Santos, Liliana Costa, Nuno Vieira, Pedro Mendes, Carlos Santos, José João Santos, Leandro Silva.
- Client: Celso de Lemos Esteves.
- Date: 2007 – 2012.
- Latitude: 40º 34’ 40.8504” N
- Longitude: 7º 58’ 51.963” W
- Landscape: JBJC – João Bicho e Joana Carneiro, Arquitectura Paisagista, Lda.
- Interior Architecture: Nini Andrade Silva.
- Engineering, management and supervision: Eng.º Carlos Pires.
- Contractor: Eduardo Oliveira Irmãos, Lda.
Saturday, September 7th, 2013
Article source: Arquitectos Matos
The site is located on the outskirts of Santa Maria da Feira, surrounded by a diffuse and changing landscape.
The concept of the project comes from the combined interpretation of the functional program of a single-family house with the specific premises of the clients, as from the study of the characteristics of the lot and its surroundings and morphological conditions.
The house is organized in a single floor around a central courtyard, facing South and West, protected from the street on the North side.
Image Courtesy © JOÃO MORGADO
- Architects: Arquitectos Matos
- Project: House Mosteirô
- Location: Mosteiro, PORTUGAL
- Photography: JOÃO MORGADO
- Project: 2008 – 2009
- Construction: 2010 – 2012
- Client: PRIVATE
- Co-author: LUÍS LOUREIRO
- Architecture Collaboration: HUGO GOMES
Friday, August 30th, 2013
Article source: ultramarino | marlene uldschmidt arquitects
Our studio were excited to take on such an interesting project in the Fishing Village of Ferragudo, Portugal. The historic center of Ferragudo is an extremely sensitive area to work in and we believed that our intervention should be balanced harmonious and above all integrate with the surrounding architecture and history.
The studio decided to explore the concept of “LIVING BEHIND THE WALL” !
Image Courtesy © FG+SG
- Architects: ultramarino | marlene uldschmidt arquitects
- Project: Casa 103 – “LIVING BEHIND THE WALL”
- Location: Ferragudo, Algarve, Portugal
- Photography: FG+SG
- Collaborating: Maurícia Bento, Arq.ª
- Area: 230 m2
- Year: 2010-2013
- Structure: Protecna Engineering Team
- Carpentry: equipa quatro comercia e construções lda.
- Software used: AutoCad LT 2011
Tuesday, August 20th, 2013
Article source: Tiago Vieira
The Alqueva water reservoir is the biggest artificial Lake of Western Europe and it’s located in the Portuguese region of Alentejo. Like most of the Portuguese countryside, the younger population of this territory is leaving and therefore the remaining population is decreasing and getting older.
In the area around the Alqueva water reservoir there are several little villages and small towns, although there are a significant amount of settlements they are not strong enough to create internal or regional dynamics.
Image Courtesy © Tiago Vieira
- Architects: Tiago Vieira
- Project: Alqueva Collective Stage
- Location: Alentejo, Portugal