Posts Tagged ‘Portugal’
Friday, April 21st, 2017
Article source: Carvalho Araújo
The project of Quartéis de Santa Justa is located at the highest point of Monte de Santa Justa, in Ponte de Lima (Portugal) and have, besides the chapel, a structure that served as a shelter for pilgrims.
Image Courtesy © NUDO
- Architects: Carvalho Araújo
- Project: Quartéis de Santa Justa
- Location: Ponte de Lima, Portugal
- Photography: NUDO
Wednesday, March 29th, 2017
Article source: Yaroslav Galant
“Yaroslav Galant innovative design” studio has finished work on the project for football club “Grupo Desportivo Estoril Praia” (Portugal). The new dynamic structure has been constructed on a roof of already existing building.
“Clube 39” includes offices and the universal transformable space, which joins restaurant, training center, conference hall, museum and open terrace facing training fields.
Image Courtesy © Dima Kornilov
- Architects: Yaroslav Galant
- Project: Clube 39
- Location: Estoril, Portugal
- Photography: Dima Kornilov
- Architect in charge: Bogdan Vesna
- Designer/Decorator: Ilona Galant, Yaroslav Galant
- Area: 300m2
- Project Year: 2017
Tuesday, March 28th, 2017
Article source: Aurora Arquitectos
Can one house contain another two?
There is a question that is repeated frequently when intervening in an apartment building. In order to have a garden, one needs to renounce the view. In turn, to have the view it means to choose one of the last floors, usually far from where the garden is.
Image Courtesy © do mal o menos
- Architects: Aurora Arquitectos
- Project: Prazeres Building
- Location: Lisbon, Portugal
- Photography: do mal o menos
- Architecture Team: Sérgio Antunes, Sofia Reis Couto, Rita Ferreira, Pedro França, Bruno Pereira, Tânia Sousa
- Engineering: Edifiteca
- Building Supervision: Gesconsult
- Contractor: Map Engenharia
- Area: 645 M2
- Date: 2014 – 2016
Tuesday, March 28th, 2017
Article source: Pedro Ferreira Architecture Studio
The Alves da Veiga project aimed to reconvert an old typography, built in the nineteenth century and abandoned for decades, in a set of six apartments, maintaining all the structure and spatial concept of preexistence.
The original building, though appearing from the outside only two storeys, in fact contained a curious floor + mezzanine organization that actually embodied four habitable floors.
Image Courtesy © João Morgado Architectural Photography
- Architects: Pedro Ferreira Architecture Studio
- Project: Alves da Veiga
- Location: Porto, Portugal
- Photography: João Morgado Architectural Photography
- Engineering: ASL & Associados, Lda
- Construction: HomeReab, Lda
- Styling: Rute Moreda
- Year: 2014/2016
Tuesday, March 28th, 2017
Article source: Raulino Silva Arquitecto Unipessoal Lda
On the site, that was being used as a planting field, we found the typical granite walls, a stone pit, some fruit trees and bushes. Those walls were recovered and the trees, the bushes and the stone pit were kept in their original place, in order to preserve the identity of the site.
The strong slope of the topography of about 5 meters between the street and the top of the site defined the planning of the house in two floors, nevertheless it was sought that both floors had direct connection with the outside garden.
Image Courtesy © João Morgado – Fotografia de Arquitectura
- Architects: Raulino Silva Arquitecto Unipessoal Lda
- Project: Touguinhó III House
- Location: Touguinhó, Vila do Conde, Portugal
- Photography: João Morgado – Fotografia de Arquitectura
- Software used: Autocad 2016 – Autodesk
- Project area: 340,00 m2
- Project year: 2012 – 2013
- Construction year: 2014 – 2016
Saturday, March 25th, 2017
Article source: Carvalho Araújo, Arquitectura e Design
The complex design has an unlikely morphology for a cattle market, away from the massive image of the prefabricated pavilions. Located near the town, it releases the closure of the urban fabric so another more appropriate equipment can do it. Its function is another: the transition between the immediate rurality of the suburbs and the historic center of Ponte de Lima. The new complex cohabits with palaces, gardens and chapels, and its structure composes an orthogonal grid that relates to the existing routes and reinforces the visual relationship with the river.
The Earth Market is something bigger than the cattle fair and market, than the horse fair or Expolima, it comes from a wider ambition to create a network of “structures”, sporadic and localized interventions of a smaller or larger scale, but precise and of ”exact measurements”.
Image Courtesy © Pedro Lobo
- Architects: Carvalho Araújo, Arquitectura e Design
- Project: Mercado do Gado
- Location: Ponte de Lima, Portugal
- Photography: Pedro Lobo and Hugo Carvalho Araújo
- Client: Câmara Municipal de Ponte de Lima
- Team: José Manuel Carvalho Araújo, Joel Moniz, Mário João Duarte
- Mechanical HVAC: Jerónimo Correia
- Hidraulic: Jerónimo Correia
Thursday, March 23rd, 2017
Article source: Atelier Xavier Ávila
X/A apartments is a project designed by an architecture studio based in Madalena, Pico Island, Azores: X/A atelier
The project was developed by the architect Sofia Xavier Avila, owner and manager of the studio, in partnership with João Xavier Avila.
Image Courtesy © Atelier Xavier Ávila
- Architects: Atelier Xavier Ávila
- Project: X/A Apartments
- Location: Madalena, Portugal
- Software used:Autocad, 3D Studio Max, Photoshop
Friday, March 17th, 2017
Article source: pitagorasgroup
This is a project to restore and enlarge a single-family dwelling that was initiated in 2004 with the actual building works carrying on until 2012. The property stands on a large tract of land in a rural environment characterised by a wide variety of vegetation. The existing constructions included two volumes: an annex on the west which was practically in ruins and was used for agricultural purposes; and a house on the west attached to neighbouring buildings.
Image Courtesy © Pitagorasgroup
- Architects: Pitagorasgroup (Raul Roque Figueiredo, Alexandre Coelho Lima, Manuel Vilhena Roque)
- Project: Quinta da Laje
- Location: Felgueiras, Portugal
- Partner In Charge: Manuel Vilhena Roque
- Collaborators: Marlene Sousa, Hélio Pinto
- Area: 550m2
- Design Year: 2004/2006
- Completion Date: 2012
Tuesday, February 28th, 2017
Article source: PROD architecture & design
Paço de Vitorino is a manor house located in the north of Portugal that has been in the same family since the mid-16th century. It’s history is marked several relevant events. The most outstanding dates from the mid-18th century when a major intervention occurred according to baroque canons. The resulting structure is characterized by a three stories main house on the east side, two lateral wings on the north and south side and a small chapel along the entrance wall on the west. These elements delineate a central large yard defined by adorned facades.
Image Courtesy © João Morgado Fotografia de Arquitectura
- Architects: PROD architecture & design
- Project: Paço de Vitorino Hotel
- Location: Vitorino das Donas, Ponte de Lima, Portugal
- Photography: João Morgado Fotografia de Arquitectura
- Architects in charge: Paulo and Susana Lago de Carvalho
- Collaborators: Fernando Paiva, Paulo Borlido, Carlos João and Pedro Paiva
- Academic work: Miguel Araújo, Paulo Carvalho, Pedro Ribeiro and Susana Correia
- Engineering: SprenPlan Engenharia, Vaproj and Pcgem
- Landscape Architecture: Marta Malheiro (Piso Térreo Arquitectura Paisagista)
- Decoration: Margarida Lobo Nazareth
- Site total area: 44.000 sqm.
- Total construction area: 1.852 sqm.
- General Contractor: Salvador Fernandes & Filhos Lda.
- Project: June 2010 – May 2014
- Construction: July 2014 – October 2015
Thursday, February 23rd, 2017
Article source: atelier do cardoso . arquitectos
Casa Acreditar do Porto is a very peculiar project, with a very specific program, for a universe of very special users. The House is designed for 16 children and adolescents with cancer who, during the period of treatments to be done at the Porto IPO, need a House to stay with their families. As such, the main objective of this project was to create a building, a living space with the maximum of comfort, that could help to overcome the longing, creating a familiar environment in a coexistence of friendship and solidarity.
Image Courtesy © João Morgado
- Architects: atelier do cardoso . arquitectos
- Project: Casa Acreditar Porto
- Location: Rua do Académico Futebol Club 364, Porto, Portugal
- Photography: João Morgado
- Client: Acreditar – Associação de Pais e Amigos de Crianças com Cancro
- Autors: Mafalda Ribeiro Ambrósio + João Gomes Leitão
- Landscape: Filipa Pedro Branco
- Structures: TRUST – Sílvia Castilho Martins
- MEP: Fraústo & Cª
- Cost Manegement: DIMSCALE
- Safe: EXACTUSENSU
- Construction Managers: ENES.COORD
- General contractors: CASAIS
- Area: 1700 m2
- Project year: 2016