Posts Tagged ‘Portugal’
Wednesday, September 21st, 2016
Article source: Valdemar Coutinho Arquitectos
The building is located in the city of Viana do Castelo in Portugal, is a privileged block in terms of location, it is bordered on the west by Picota Street, next by the Erva Square.
The building, with an area of deployment of 66m2 consists of ground floor and 3 floors, features an architecture of urban Portuguese language on the end of the nineteenth century.
Image Courtesy © V. Santos
- Architects: Valdemar Coutinho Arquitectos
- Project: Mordoma Guest House
- Location: Viana do Castelo, Portugal
- Photography: V. Santos
- Areage (m2): 225 m2
- Complete time: 2016
Thursday, September 15th, 2016
Article source: RA \\ Architectural & Design Studio
Along with the project Pedras Salgadas Park by architects Luís Rebelo de Andrade and Tiago Rebelo de Andrade, came the challenge of creating an object that could recreate the fantasy of the tree houses.
The project for these houses was developed in partnership with the Modular System Company. The idea was to get an object that would be far away from the orthogonality and from pre-established concepts associated with the modular construction.
Image Courtesy © Ricardo Oliveira Alves
- Architects: RA \\ Architectural & Design Studio (Luís Rebelo de Andrade + Tiago Rebelo de Andrade)
- Project: Tree Snake Houses
- Location: Pedras Salgadas, Portugal
- Photography: Ricardo Oliveira Alves
- Client: UNICER
- Collaborators: Madalena Rebelo de Andrade, Raquel Jorge, Pedro Baptista Dias
- Constructor: Modular System
- Project Area: 27,00 m2
- Year: 2011 – 2012
Wednesday, September 14th, 2016
Article source: Cerejeira Fontes Architects
On the highest point in the city of Braga the different temporal strata of the city can be seen. This is the location to construct the building, connected to this visual memory. The connection of the present occurs in the courtyards of the building, the location of social activity at the center, the repetition extends into the city’s areas of activities. These connections are registered non-explicitly in the subtraction of masses form the construction of the building, extending it to the city squares, main streets, buildings and landscape. There is a formal and social relationship between the city and the building. A project for the rehabilitating people with problems with substance abuse assumes the same fragmented relationship of city life at your feet. The organization of the architectural elements, regardless of the different functions that compose the program, it provides a formal response for each individual space and is revealed as a tool to transforming it into a piece of the city. The building consists of two platforms which fall within several blocks seemingly independent, creating two courtyards: one facing the city and the other an interior courtyard.
Image Courtesy © Frederico Martins
- Architects: Cerejeira Fontes Architects
- Project: Projecto Homem
- Location: Monte Picoto, Braga, Portugal
- Photography: Frederico Martins and Santo Eduardo di Miceli
- Software used: AutoCad
- Client: Centro de Solidariedade de Braga
- Construction company: João Fernandes da Silva, S.A.
- Authores: Arq. André de Moura Leitão Cerejeira Fontes, Arq. António Jorge de Moura Leitão Cerejeira Fontes
- Colaboratores: Arq. António Leitão Dias, Arq. Nuno Miguel Lima da Cruz, Arq. José Pedro da Silva Moreira Pereira Fernandes, Arq. Sónia Cristina Oliveira da Rocha Gonçalves, Arq. Nuno Alexandre da Costa Rebelo, Bruno Miguel da Silva Marques, Dr. Tiago de Moura Leitão Cerejeira Fontes
- Structural: Eng. Joaquim António Barros
- Eletrical: Eng. Luís O. de Carvalho
- Cost of constrution: 1.039.035,92€
- Cost/m2: 598,56€
- Construction areas: 1.735,90 m2
- Volume of construction: 5.207,70 m3
- Construction ended: July 2004
Sunday, September 11th, 2016
Article source: AURORA arquitectos
It is not necessary to create a world, but the possibility of a world.
Jean-Luc Godard in Reflexivity in Film and Architecture, 1985.
Reflectivity as concept, as much in its use in film or literature as in its appropriation by architecture, refers to that moment when the work suddenly draws focus onto itself as a construct, and as a fictional reality.
Image Courtesy © do mal o menos
- Architects: AURORA arquitectos
- Project: “Apartment in Estrela”
- Location: Lisbon, Portugal
- Photography: do mal o menos
- Architecture Team: Sérgio Antunes, Sofia Reis Couto, Rita Ferreira, Pedro França, Bruno Pereira, Tânia Sousa
- Contractor: Requinte Pormenores
- Area: 200 m2
- Date: 2015 – 2016
Sunday, September 11th, 2016
Article source: Estúdio Amatam
The KALORIAS brand was in a period of rejuvenation. Based on this invigorating impetus, we were proposed the transformation of an old retail store into the new KALORIAS Club unit embed in the new brand concept. It should not be just another gym, however the development of a new image and unique identity able to be replicable in future clubs.
Reception area, Image Courtesy © Invisible Gentleman
Friday, September 9th, 2016
Article source: Humberto Conde, Arq.
This intervention seeks to maintain only the two main existing facades of the building, at North and East, given the high degree of deterioration of the overall volume. Although the existing building is not a remarkable architectural example and with construction quality, contributes to the cohesion of the urban image of the set to which it belongs, so the maintenance of facades allow the continuity of the dialogue between the building and the context in which it operates.
Image Courtesy © Humberto Conde, Arq.
- Architects: Humberto Conde, Arq.
- Project: Single Family House Correnteza 21
- Location: Lisbon, Portugal
- Software used: Autocad
- Year: 2012 – 2014
Friday, September 2nd, 2016
Article source: ColectivArquitectura™
The choice of location for deployment of the buildings aimed to make the most of the view of the terrain. At the same time it takes a small promontory to the location of a yard, located to the west of the dwelling, for the parking and maneuvering of vehicles.
The outside form resulted from the intention of creating situations of full/empty, adopting a composition of parallelepiped volumes, which create misalignment through its two courtyards, prolonging the experience of the house to the outside.
Image Courtesy © FG+SG
- Architects: ColectivArquitectura™ (architecture Vera Martins Alves, Christopher Fonseca Ferreira)
- Project: Grândola House
- Location: Pardieiro de Baixo – Grândola, Portugal 38.10432, -8.53238
- Photography: FG+SG
- Interior architecture: José Luís Barbosa
- Engineering: Eng. Fernando Campos
- General Contractor: JVF, Lda
- Plot area: 1 484.095 sqft, 137.877 m2
- Floor area: 2.225 sqft, 206,70 m2
- Project: 2008.06 | 2009.07
- Construction: 2012.01 | 2014.03
Wednesday, August 31st, 2016
Article source: aires mateus e associados
The project intends to evoke the architectural landscape of the Azores, drawing upon the form and material that embed the collective memory of this island and archipelago, that have become, with time, a second nature of this place. Therefore, the buildings are archetypal volumes, simple and compact, clad with the local basaltic stone.
Image Courtesy © SG +FG = Sergio Guerra + Fernando Guerra
- Architects: aires mateus e associados
- Project: Monitoring and Investigation Centre and Accommodation for researchers
- Location: Lagoa das Furnas, São Miguel, Açores, Portugal
- Photography: SG +FG = Sergio Guerra + Fernando Guerra
- Client: SPRAçores
- Colaborator: Valentino Capelo De Sousa, Mariana Barbosa Mateus, Susana Rodrigues, Joana Simoões, Catarina Belo, Francisco Caseiro, Vânia Fernandes, João Caria Lopes
- Project Leader: Patrícia Marques
- Landscaping: João nunes – proap
- Engineer: Afassociados
- Constructor: Somague
- Builting area: 1 130 sqm
- Site area: 80 000 sqm
- Date of project: 2005-2008
- Date of construction: 2008-2010
Thursday, August 25th, 2016
Article source: nu.ma
The lot, where the house is inserted, have a non-regular shape, longitudinal and perpendicular to the street Nossa Senhora da Conceição, Matosinhos.
Image Courtesy © ITS, Ivo Tavares Studio
- Architects: nu.ma (Nuno Silva)
- Project: House in Matosinhos
- Location: Matosinhos, Portugal
- Photography: ITS, Ivo Tavares Studio
- Civil engineer: Rita Espanha, eng.
- Electric engineer: José Carlos Lopes, eng.
- Mechanical engineer: Pedro Simões, eng.
- Construction: Moura & Dias, construções
- Gross area: 220m2
- Year: 2011-2016
Sunday, August 14th, 2016
Article source: FCC Arquitectura
The project aimed to adapt the space that Quinta da Lixa uses to produce wine through the construction of a Rural Hotel devoted to wine tourism.
Image Courtesy © Fernando Guerra | FG+SG
- Architects: FCC Arquitectura + Paulo Lobo
- Project: Monverde
- Location: Telões, Amarante, Portugal
- Photography: Fernando Guerra | FG + SG
- Software used: Autocad
- General contractor: MC Meireles
- Frames: Jofebar
- Woods: José Nuno Carpintaria
- Electricity: Costa Alves Electricidade
- Avac: Pritérmica
- Construction area: 5200 m²
- Site: 30 Hectares
- Project starts: May 2008
- Starts of works: July 2012
- End of the works: Jun 2015