Article source: Martinez/Rudolph Architects
Which are the limits of the traditional housing protocol? The project is a specialized mediation mechanism between the ideas and the built reality.
Adaptability is searched in a realistic path, without sacrificing necessary explorations, not as an emulation of flexibility, but as a neutral inhabit platform. Multiple appropriations, rather than an options menu. Assuming an array of predictions for an undefined user seems an infertile path. Consequently, the disposition of inhabitable spaces can establish specific uses, as well as integrate or fuse with the exterior built spaces, circulations and green areas. This vectors suggest expansion possibilities according to the interests of the diverse inhabitants. The composition logic allows, in all cases, to increase the buildable space, from the public areas to the private space and in correspondence with the free terrain.
- Architects: Leandro Villalba, Nicolás Rudolph, Omar Vila, Joaquín López, Pablo Canén, Patrick Apolant, Sebastián Martinez
- Project: House Architecture Rifa G’07
- Location: Punta del Este, Uruguay
- Photography: Nicolás Rudolph
- Advisor Architects: pons + varela Arq. Santiago Pons, Arq. Alma Varela
- Structure: Ing. Alberto Catañy
- Sanitary Consultant: Daniel Costa
- Lightning Consultant: Carlos Galante
- Constructor: MR Construcciones
- Furniture: Menini-Nicola
- Area: 168.0 sqm
- Year: 2014