Article source: David Jay Weiner, Architects, P.C.
This project is a response to a client’s desire to build a small weekend house on an existing shared property with southern views overlooking the Berkshire Hills. The 1,200 sq. ft. weekend house for a Japanese client consists of a study, living dining area, master bedroom suite and a large soaking bathtub. The house has the compactness and interior sparseness akin to traditional Japanese architecture and serves as a peaceful retreat from busy city life.
- Architect: David Jay Weiner, Architects, P.C.
- Name of Project: Weekend House
- Location: Rensselaer County, New York
- Square Footage: House; +/- 1,200 sq. ft. on a seven-acre site sloping to the south
- Structural Engineer: Robert Silman Associates, P.C.
- Photographer: Tony Morgan – Step Graphics, Inc.