Posts Tagged ‘Republic of Korea’
Thursday, March 8th, 2018
Article source: L’eau Design
PLASTIC EDITOLOGY_Gradation Tower.
So far, the beauty was like that an object reproduces the sublimity of the nature or reaches to the ideal aesthetic standard like the golden ratio. However, the contemporary art seems to keep distance from the previous beauty.
Modern architect, Adolf Loos, who said that ‘the decorations are the sins’, discussed about the value of the architectural aesthetic in tune with the time. But, whenever we see high-rise buildings composing the urban concrete jungle, they just generate individual aesthetic values of the sculptures and showy images like a nightclub, they actually have no concern about the intrinsic value requested by present day.
Image Courtesy © Shin Kyungsub
- Architects: L’eau Design
- Project: ID Hospital
- Location: 142, Dosan-daero, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
- Photography: Shin Kyungsub
- Client: Hansae Limited
- Construction: Reinforced concrete, Steel frame
- Exterior finishing: Blue brick, Perforated panel
- CM: CBRE Korea
- Constructor: Samil Enterprise Co., Ltd.
Friday, September 8th, 2017
Article source: L’eau Design
Camouflage is a word which describes the action of particular creatures that disguise their color or form according to their circumstances for survival.
Some years ago, New York fell into love with vintage style hotels which are created by converting an old factory in an abandoned industrial district thus vividly represent the history of the 20th century industrial era. Those hotels are providing not only beautiful interior spaces demonstrating the passage of time but also new energy and vigor for local communities through innovative intervention on the desolate industrial area.
Image Courtesy © Shin and Kyungsub
- Architects: L’eau Design
- Project: Sangdo Camouflage
- Location: 120, Sangdo-ro, Dongjak-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
- Photography: Shin and Kyungsub
- Site area: 714.00§³
- Building area: 321.49§³
- Total Floor area: 2,975.58§³
- Floors: B2, 10F
- Construction: RC
- Construction Year : 2017
Saturday, April 27th, 2013
Article source: Theeae
The advanced technology of reading materials by computer, Kindle and even cell‐phone devices helps people easily access to information even way much more than what library could provide in last decades. Therefore, the main function of library seems to have a change in order to accommodate the current trend of getting and providing information.
Image Courtesy Theeae
- Architects: Theeae
- Project: Gosan Library International Design Competition
- Location: 571‐1, Shinmae‐dong, Suseong‐gu, Daegu Metropolitan City, Republic of Korea
- Site Area: 2,080 sm
- Construction Size : Basement 1,3 floors above‐ground
- Total floor area: 3,146 sm
- Building Cost : W7,800,000,000
Friday, February 17th, 2012
Article source: Urbantainer Co., Ltd
Club Octagon answers the client brief of renovating 2640m2 over two levels of gutted hotel basement to create a high tech auditorium, club, lounge and restaurant that put music and peoples’ experience first. Urbantainer developed a new type of multi-space for entertainment, socializing, and subculture that was lacking in the South Korean market. Conceptually every detail of Club Octagon works with the octagonal form from the corporate identity, including the layout, 4D Media Lighting, modular seating, to even the ice buckets in each of the VIP rooms.
Stage (Image Courtesy Namgoong Sun)
- Architects: Urbantainer Co., Ltd
- Project: Club Octagon
- Location: B1/B2F 152 NEW HILLTOP HOTEL, NON HYUN DONG, GANG NAM GU, SEOUL
- Completion Date: 2011.11.25
- Design: Space Design
- Design Team: Ji Won Baik, Younjin Jeong, Hyoung Seok Lee, Semi Kim , Ga Young Lee, Yoon Young Chang
- 4D Lighting: URBANTAINER Co.,Ltd + James Powderly
- C.I Design: SERY LEE
- Client: CLUB OCTAGON
- Area: 2600 m2
- Purpose: Club/Dining/Bar/Lounge
- Photographer: Namgoong Sun
Wednesday, October 19th, 2011
Article source: HYUNJOON YOO ARCHITECTS
This office is a social incubating center for venture businessmen. It is sponsored by the nonprofit organization Working Together Association. Anybody who wants to start their own business can apply for geting a space at this center. The Working Together Association supply the office space and free consulting for six months until they can start their own business. The initiating person starts from the open office area with couple of members. Once they get more detailed business plan, the team move to the individual cell office.
- Architect: Hyunjoon Yoo Architects
- Name of Project: Social Incubating Center
- Location: Seoul, Republic of Korea
- Team: HyunjoonYoo, Yeongseop Yoon
- Project Year: 2011
- Project Area: 680 sqm
- Software used: AutoCAD
Thursday, August 18th, 2011
Article source: Peter Ruge Architekten
New opera house in Busan, Republic of Korea
Busan has a specific geography: Mountains areas are connecting directly to the Pacific Ocean. With great nature, a high density of population and an urgent demand for public spaces to be used by the inhabitants.
- Architect: Peter Ruge Architekten
- Name of Project: Busan opera
- Location: Busan, Republic of Korea
- Competition: 2011
- Size GFA: 54.000 sqm
- Client: The Busan International Architectural Culture Festival Organizing Committee
- Team: Peter Ruge, Matthias Matschewski, Hyesook Ahn, Kayoko Uchiyama, Barbara Kubicka, Zubin Daboo
- Brief: Design of the opera and theatre building including landscape design
- Scope of services: Open international competition
- Software used: Rhino for the 3d model and 3DSMax for the final rendering.