Article source: RLDA
RLDA completed a ground breaking resort, Atali, 30 kilometers from Rishikesh on the banks of the river Ganga.
Distinguished by its use of stone, reed and steel wire, the project abandons a commonplace aesthetic and other such iconographic elements to distinguish itself in favour of a building that draws its aesthetic from the means, methods and modes of its construction.
- Architects: RLDA
- Project: Atali Ganga
- Location: Rishikesh, India
- Photography: Rahoul Singh
- Typology: Resort
- Name of Client’s Firm: Aquaterra Adventures
- Contact Person: Vaibhav Kala
- Principal Architect: Rahoul Singh, Lakshmi Chand Singh
- Design Team: Rahoul Singh, Lakshmi Chand Singh, Kushal Lachchwani, Sajal Das, Ajay Saini
- Site Area (sq ft & sq m): 65,256sq ft, 6,070sq m
- Built-Up Area (sq ft & sq m): 22,000 sq. ft. 2,045 sq m
- Start Date: March, 2009
- Completion Date: 2012