Article source: agaligo studio
To celebrate the transformation of a private organization to a brand new public company, MK Restaurants Group PCL decided to establish a new Central Kitchen, CK5. MK Restaurants is widely known in Thailand for 27 years for serving high quality, affordable hot pot meals as well as pioneering many innovative movements. It was the first restaurant chain to implement the use of electric pots, handheld ordering devices, induction stoves, self-ordering table tablet technology, robot service staff, and etc. One of MK’s earliest creations that eventually become its brand signature is the red trays, also called the “condo,” that are able to stack up vertically, allowing easier storage, convenience in serving, and extra space on the dining table. Designed by the owner himself since the early days of the business, it proves an inventive substitute for the impractical round plates. The use of the red condos is now common in every hot pot restaurants throughout Thailand, and is often imitated by the competitors.
- Architects: agaligo studio
- Project: MK CK5 Production Office
- Location: Samutprakarn, Thailand
- Photography: Spaceshift Studio
- Landscape Architecture: OpenBox
- Interior Design: Storage Studio
- Lighting Design: Studio Accent
- Graphic Design: Work In Bangkok
- Engineering: EEC-IE, A+ Consultants
- Area: 3,023 Sq.M.
- Year: 2013