Article source: Marta Maccaglia, Paulo Afonso
The project started as a result of research work and a study completed in the community of Santa Elena. This was accomplished through reunions, interview, and participatory workshops within the population. The data collected revealed dreams and expectations in favor of education of their children. For this reason, the community expressed the willingness to rebuild its future, overcome the past, starting from the construction of a school. Education is a quintessential instrument for collective growth and development of a community.
- Architects: Marta Maccaglia
- Project: Secondary School
- Location: Rural village of Santa Elena, Pangoa, Province of Satipo, Central Amazon Jungle (Peru)
- Development and execution: Marta Maccaglia (Asociación Semillas para el Desarrollo Sostenible)
- Collaboration: Bosch Arquitectos
- Partners: Procesadora del Sur S.A., Asociación VSP Generaciones ; Local authorities, Local Ministry of Education.
- Engineering: Manuel Cárdenas Aspajo
- Site area: 5000 m2
- Built area: 700 m2
- Construction: Constructor
- Year: 2015
- Cost: 185,000 USD