Located on the rocky coast of the Balearic Island of Mallorca in Santa Ponsa, not far from Palma, this family house is pushed into a steep hillside, celebrating its Mediterranean proximity. The design responds to the site’s foremost demand, which is to open itself up to the seascape. A succession of terraces modulates the terrain from the street level to the bottom of the site, defining areas in which the house ties in with spaces outdoors: a sculpture garden, a dining loggia, a sun terrace, and a pool.
- Architects: Stelle Architects
- Project: Casa Lama
- Location: Mallorca, Santa Ponsa
- Design Team: Frederick Stelle, Luca Campaiola, Vicente Tomas and Angel Sanchez-Cantalejo
- Associate Architect: SCT Estudio de Arcquitectura
- 3D Renderings: Luca Campaiola, Stelle Architects
- Software used: Vectorworks