Article source: GSMM architetti
Located in the Serra de Grandola, the plot is characterized by cork oaks and pines forest that dominates the accentuated slope of the landscape on a promontory facing west.
The settlement of the new construction is strictly related to the topography and the surrounding landscape. The compact shape that characterizes the house, aims to limit human intervention in the uncontaminated area. The spaces are organized in a single floor around a square patio that through transparent surfaces and lodges opens to the landscape.
- Architects: GSMM architetti (Giorgio Santagostino, Monica Margarido)
- Project: Quinta do Carvalheiro
- Location: São Francisco da Serra, Portugal
- Photography: Fernando Guerra / FG+SG
- Design Team: Olga Chiaramonte
- Local architects: Marco Braizinha, Stefano Riva
- Engineering design: Fungi steel, Raúl Bizarro
- Schedule: Project 2009 – Realization 2012