Article source: BREMBILLA+FORCELLA ARCHITETTI
The building is located within the pre-existing compound of Scuola Edile di Bergamo-SEB (school for construction workers), an heterogeneous mix of edifices built over the past 50 years that this new architecture joins accurately.
Conceived as a mixed-use architecture, the building encompasses a variety of spaces devoted to the different processes and crafts of the construction industry: labs where future builders learn by doing, classrooms for theoretical training, meeting halls, first-aid stations etc.
- Architects: BREMBILLA+FORCELLA ARCHITETTI
- Project: SEB 12
- Location: Seriate, Italy
- Photography: Giovanna Silva, Davide Brembilla
- Project team: Ing. Marco Carrara, P.I. Marco Zenucchi, Geom. Dino Poloni, Ing. Luca Bresesti
- year: 2013
- Client: Scuola Edile Bergamasca s.r.l.
- Typology: School buildings + Offices
- Basement floor: 950 sqm.
- Ground floor: 650 sqm.
- First floor: 740 sqm.
- Contractors: Impresa edile Virgilio Gherardi s.r.l. – Curno (BG), Vanoncini s.p.a. – Mapello (BG), Tarcisio Madaschi s.p.a. – Gorle (BG), Ghidotti Impianti s.r.l. – Brignano Gera d’Adda (BG), Ser&All s.n.c. – Clusone (BG)