Article source: Plasma studio
The building is located on a hillside in the Dolomites, at the end of a residential area.
The volume has been developed mainly from its pragmatic functional request to host 6 independent apartments with one common circulation: through a cut that marks the main access and the division of the units the volume is splitted into 2 halves. Besides its functional meaning this incision becomes the main defining element of the building: from the cut at either side a strip unfolds that forms the balustrade of a generous covered balcony and ends into the surrounding topography. Following the steep natural hillside with each floor the strips and the façade jump back.
- Architects: Plasma studio
- Project: Dolomitenblick
- Location: Sexten, Sesto, Italy
- Project: Residential Building with 6 unitsand undergroung garage
- Client: Private
- Size: 1.050m²
- Completed: Summer 2012
- Collaboratores: David Preindl, Peter Pichler, Nicoletta Gerevini, Daniela Walder, Maya Shopova
- Photographer: Hertha Hurnaus