Posts Tagged ‘Sharjah’
Wednesday, March 30th, 2016
Article source: x-architects
Wasit Natural Reserve was originally a waste-water and rubbish dump. The rehabilitation process of the damaged eco-system started in 2005, 40,000m2 of rubbish removed, 35,000 trees been re-planted, healing the land from toxic chemicals and conservation of the Unique salt flats and coastal sand dunes.
Image Courtesy © Nelson Garrido
- Architects: x-architects
- Project: Wasit Natural Reserve Visitor Centre
- Location: Sharjah, UAE
- Photography: Nelson Garrido
- Client: EPAA, Environmental and Protected Area Authority
- Built Up Area: 2,534 sqm
- Status: Built
- Scope Architecture: / MasterPlan/ Environmental Consultancy
Tuesday, February 9th, 2016
Article source: 3deluxe
On Noor Island, a lagoon island in the middle of the capital of the Arab Emirate Sharjah, German design studio 3deluxe is currently designing a 2.5 ha transmedia landscape park, interwoven with an ensemble of several themed pavilions and buildings. The architectural structure to shape the island’s entire appearance, the Butterfly Pavilion, is nearing completion. The park will open in mid-December and further attractions will be continually added in the course of the coming weeks and months.
Image Courtesy © Joaqui+î-ünBusch
- Architects: 3deluxe
- Project: BUTTERFLY PAVILION
- Location: Noor Island, Sharjah City, Sharjah, U.A.E.
- Photography: Bjo+î-årnAsmussen, ChristianBauer, Joaqui+î-ünBusch, TorstenSeidel, Shurooq
- Contracting authority: Shurooq, Sharjah, U.A.E.
- Client: Andre Heller, Artevent GmbH, Austria
- Interior Architects: 3deluxe, Germany
- Roof construction: Seele middle east, Dubai, U.A.E.
- Pavilion construction: Waagner Biro Gulf L.L.C., Dubai, U.A.E.
- Interior works: Candido Hermida, Spain
- Interior Material: KRION® Solid Surface
- Planting: Greenworks, Dubai, U.A.E.
- Area: 820 m
- Inauguration: December 15, 2015
Wednesday, December 24th, 2014
Article source: Zaha Hadid Architects
Bee’ah, the Middle East’s leading fully integrated environmental and waste management company has commissioned Zaha Hadid Architects to build its new Headquarters building in Sharjah, UAE, following the 2013 international competition.
The new Headquarters building is part of Bee’ah’s ongoing investment to transform attitudes and behaviours in individuals, communities, businesses and cities by providing the infrastructure, tools and support to achieve their environmental goals. Working towards achieving its Zero-Waste to landfill, cleaner air and water, renewable energy and sustainable future targets, Bee’ah is developing and providing coherent and sustainable environmental solutions to meet the challenges of the community it serves.
Image Courtesy © ZAHA HADID ARCHITECTS
- Architects: Zaha Hadid Architects
- Project: Bee’ah Headquarters
- Location: Sharjah, UAE
- Design: Zaha Hadid and Patrik Schumacher
- ZHA Project Associate: Tariq Khayyat
- ZHA Project Architect: Kutbuddin Nadiadi
- ZHA Design Team: Xiaosheng Li, Gerry Cruz, Yuxi Fu, Drew Merkle, Vivian Pashiali, Edward Luckmann, Eleni Mente, Kwanphil Cho, Mu Ren, Harry Ibbs, Mostafa El Sayed, Suryansh Chandra, Thomas Jensen, Alexandra Fisher, Spyridon Kaprinis
- ZHA Competition Team: Xiaosheng Li, Gerry Cruz, Yuxi Fu, Drew Merkle, Lauren Barclay, Mostafa El Sayed, Alia Zayani, Mubarak Al Fahim
- Renders: MIR
- Landscape: Francis Landscape, Beirut
- Site Area: 90,000 sq. m.
- Floor Area: 7,000 sq. m.
- Height: 18 m.
Friday, September 28th, 2012
Article source: Magma Architecture
The Al Qasba is the main cultural centre and a landmark in the Emirate of Sharjah. It comprises two 150m-long, four-storey buildings that face each other on the banks of the Qasba Canal and house art galleries, shops, restaurants and office spaces. The buildings enclose open public space along the banks of the canal and are flanked by the 60m-high Eye of the Emirates ferris wheel, which is visible from afar. The 300-seat Al Qasba Theatre hosts a wide range of events including the annual Sharjah Film Festival, and theatre and poetry performances during the Sarjah Book Fair.
Image Courtesy © Magma Architecture
- Architects: Magma Architecture
- Project: Masrah Al Qasba Theatre Emirate
- Location: Al Qasba, Emirate of Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
- Project Completion Date: 2011