Article source: Arhitektura d.o.o.
The presented single-family house is built in the village of Suha, in the suburbs of a famous medieval town, Škofja Loka in Slovenia. The building is built as a replacement structure on the site of a former farm building which represented the eastern side of a unified space of a farm courtyard. Due to the cultural heritage regulations the new building has a gabled roof and follows the gauges of maximum allowed building dimensions of the demolished structure. The investor of the new building is the farm owner’s son, who is academically educated and therefore has very urban housing needs in terms of the program of the house, which is located in a traditional rural area.
- Architect: Arhitektura d.o.o.
- Name of Project: Suha Private House
- Location: Suha / Škofja Loka, Slovenia
- Authors architects: Peter Gabrijelčič, Boštjan Gabrijelčič
- Construction: 2010-2012
- Client: Private
- Structural engineering: Navor d.o.o.
- Building costs: 450.000 eur
- Photographer: Marko Zoranovič