Article source: Javier Romero Soto. Architect
The Ribamontán al Mar Surf Center is located in the seafront of Somo, a small town in near Santander. It’s essential for this new facility to be located as close as possible to the beach (it would be unthinkable that surfers have to move to change, shower or store the surfboards to some urban area of the town); therefore, in the absence of municipal property plot with the required characteristics, we chose to place the building on the seafront. The venue lacks environmental value; one of the goals of the project is in fact to recover this underused space, situated just 20 meters away from the sealine.
- Architects: Javier Romero Soto. Architect
- Project: Centro de Surf de Somo
- Location: Somo, Cantabria, Spain
- Photography: Javier Azurmendi
- Construction Company : ARRUTI SANTANDER S.A.
- Installations: DISEÑO Y OBRA INDUSTRIAL 2004 SL
- Estructures: gv408 arquitectos
- Telecomunications: DISEÑO Y OBRA INDUSTRIAL access control, security and surveillance system SALTOmetal carpentry Jansen
- Budget: 579.045 € (more…)