Article source: UnSangDong Architects
Silence & movement
Most of all, we focused on a robust, simple and tranquil architecture intuitively as we take up the form and space. Another point we considered is a vigorous architecture which evoke water vitality in still emotion. The circular form symbolises pure crystal of living organisms. Circular plan which is 32 metres in diameter, 11 metres in height soars from the ground. Firm, still and refined curve wall opens with gradual, arbitrary and rhythmic rules. We expect another tone colour through the open and solid curved wall. Musical facade is achieved through this project it plays in andante, moderato and allegro. It conveys silence and movement simultaneously.
- Architect: UnSangDong Architects
- Name of Project: Water Circle (Cheong-Shim Purification Center)
- Location: SongSan-li SeolAk-myeon GaPyung Kyeunggi-do, Korea
- Use: Purification Center
- Bldg Area: 505.00 ㎡
- Gross Floor Area: 637.40 ㎡
- Bldg. Scale: Two stories above ground, 1 story under ground
- Structure: R.C.
- Photographer: Shin Kyung-sub