Article source: Hetedik Műterem Ltd.
As one of Hungary’s cities located most to the west, Sopron is the “City of Loyalty”, lying very near to the Austrian border. It’s a relatively small city with a medieval historic core, directly enclosed by the Várkerület area, which today is a busy and hectic district of pedestrians and traffic.
- Architect: Hetedik Műterem Ltd.
- Name of Project: Sopron, the rehabilitation of the Várkerület
- Location: Sopron, Hungary
- Project team: Orsolya Almer, Jessica Dvorzsák, András Páll, Orsolya Simon, Levente Szabó, Tibor Tánczos
- Landscape design: Csenge Csontos, Borbála Gyüre (Geum Műterem)
- Project year: 2009
- Project area: 33 000 m2