Article source: Héctor Fernández Elorza/HFE Arch. & Carlos García Fernández
The sailing school for the Sotogrande´s Royal Maritime Club is located in an ideal position, between the marina and the catamarans´ beach.
The project is linked to the stone jetty spanning longitudinally over the promenade in the north side of the beach. The structure seemingly levitates from the ground, standing gently in the sand, as if it were a catamaran. Due to the limited dimensions of the school and its facilities it is necessary the interposing of a larger element to create more visibility for the building. The pergola, constructed in front of the school, unifies all the project elements while also creating a shaded threshold, covering the exterior from direct sun exposure, stretching towards the southern end of the building. Seen from a distance, the school becomes a landmark near the port entrance.
- Architects: Héctor Fernández Elorza/HFE Arch. & Carlos García Fernández
- Project: SAILING SCHOOL IN SOTOGRANDE
- Location: SOTOGRANDE, CADIZ
- Photography: Montse Zamorano
- Collaborators: Javier Mengibar (Building Engineer), Miguel Ángel Palencia (Building Engineer), María Concepción Pérez Gutierrez (Structure)
- Situation: Playa de los Catamaranes, San Roque, Cádiz
- Project: July – December 2012
- Construction: January- June 2013
- Client: Real Club Marítimo de Sotogrande
- Constructors: Construcciones Mena y Barranco S.L.
- Surface Area: 145 m2
- Budget: 75.000 euros