Article source: Touloukian Touloukian Inc.
This speculative development was built on a rear parcel with restricted views to the street, code restricted openings for windows, and less desirable views of the adjacent lots. The design re-directs the focus to an interior environment with a sun filled “skylight stair hall” and “rear light shaft” that brings natural light to all corners of each floor.
- Architects: Touloukian Touloukian Inc.
- Project: East Sixth Street – Rear Yard Residence
- Location: South Boston, MA
- Developer: Brendon Feeney
- General Contractor: Mike Ahern
- Structural Engineer: Uy Than Ly
- Electrical Lighting Design: Paul Zaferiou
- Photography: Stephen Lee Photography
- Contact Person: Theodore Touloukian, AIA, President