A space dedicated to calm, reflection and perspective, The Secular Retreat is a veritable haven from the pressures of modern life.
In South Devon, between the resorts of Salcombe and Hallsands, lies a landscape of rolling hills, wooded river valleys, patchwork fields and small stone villages. It is here that Zumthor is designing his first project in the UK – The Secular Retreat, a hill-top retreat, where people will be able to go for periods of sustained work and reflection.
- Architect: Atelier Peter Zumthor
- Structural Engineer: Jane Wernick Associates
- Quantity Surveyors: Boyden Group LLP
- Location: South Devon, UK
- Local architectural consultant: David Sheppard
- Landscape consultant and design: The Rathbone Partnership