Metcalfe Architecture & Design is working with Camp JRF, a Jewish Reconstructionist summer camp in the Poconos, to create an Eco-Village in the forest up a hill from the existing camp, for older adolescent girl and boy campers that reflects the religious sect’s ideals of “peoplehood” (Tziyounut) and “repairing the world” (Tikkun Olam). Reconstructionism is a progressive approach to Jewish life integrating a deep respect for traditional Judaism with the insights of today.
- Architect: Metcalfe Architecture & Design, Philadelphia, PA
- Location: South Sterling, Pennsylvania
- Mechanical/Electrical/Plumbing – Urban Technology Inc., Quakertown, PA
- Civil Engineer – Greenman-Pedersen, Inc., Scranton, PA
- Structural Engineer – Ann Rothman, Wayne, PA
- Construction start: Summer, 2011