Article source: Fulton Trotter Architects
The three wings of the Balonne River house each comprise a separate function. The master wing, closest to the river, contains the main bedroom, en suite, robe and the study come nursery.
The living wing is a large open space divided by an elliptical ‘stone’ shaped kitchen which provides a visual barrier from the front door. The kitchen also acts as a screen to divide the living wing into a more formal space with a fireplace, whilst at the other end the family space breaks out onto the covered deck.
The bedroom wing contains three bedrooms and guests room with en suite. The bathroom and toilet are in separate spaces that are accessed via a powder room/vanity space.
Separate wing will incorporate the carport.
- Architects: Fulton Trotter Architects
- Project: Balonne River House
- Location: St George QLD 4487, Australia
- Client: Gleeson
- Team: Mark Trotter, Belinda Gleeson, Mark Kalinowski, Tanya Walsh, Katie Martin
- Builder: Wildman Building
- Photographer: Steven Douglas
- Cost: $1M