Article source: STUDIO ARTHUR CASAS
This penthouse in Rio’s Urca neighborhood has an extraordinary location, between the Sugar Loaf and Guanabara Bay. The client bought an apartment that was in terrible conditions, but with an exceptional potential for transformation. The project was guided by two complementary ideas: to create a pathway of discovery of the landscape on both sides, the bay and the mountain, and to bring as much light as possible to the three floors.
- Architects: STUDIO ARTHUR CASAS
- Project: URCA APARTMENT
- Location: SugarLoaf, Guanabara Bay
- Photography: FERNANDO GUERRA
- CONTRACTOR: Osbourne
- CONSULTANTS: Franco e Fortes (lighting); Clima Engenharia (AC); Equilibrium (Plumbing and electrical engineering); Edatec (Structural Engineering); Ornare (Kitchen Project); High Control (Sound and Automation); Luis Carlos Orsini (landscape).
- SUPPLIERS: Pica Pau (Millwork), RB (Wood Floors);Mekal (Inox Steel); Toldos Dias (Sun shades); Mbp/Snaldi/Tecnofeal (Frames); Primo Vidros (Glasses); Punto/Deca (Metal); Montblanc (Stones); Altero/Teya (Hardware); BTicino (Electric Hardware Finishings), Bizassa (Mosaic Tiles); duravit (Bathtubs).
- INTERIOR DESIGN: Casual; Micasa; Varuzza; Nanni Chinelatto; Atelier Ricardo Fasanello; Dpot; Arthur Decor; Emporium Cortinas; Passado Composto.