Article source: Cannon Design
Two years after Cannon Design provided feasibility, programming, and cost-estimating services for a proposed health, physical education, and fitness center, Los Angeles Community College District’s Mission College unanimously selected the firm to provide design services for the new $38 million facility, which enables Mission College to consolidate its physical education and athletic programs – previously housed in leased buildings dispersed off campus – into a unified location that can accommodate new athletic and educational programs.
- Architects: Cannon Design
- Project: Los Angeles Mission College, Health, PE and Fitness Center
- Location: Sylmar, CA
- Size: 87,000 sq ft
- Project Cost: $38 Million
- Engineers (MEP): Integrated Engineering Consulting Engineers, Los Angeles CA
- Photography: Feinknopf Photography
- Software used: Revit as a visualization tool during schematic design to do layouts and quick views for the owner…it allowed them to make decisions on the spot. We were new to Revit at the time  and we converted the sheets to AutoCAD to develop the actual contract documents.