Posts Tagged ‘The Netherlands’
Tuesday, July 4th, 2017
Article source: Shift architecture urbanism
The assignment called for a public building that transcends its function as a parking garage and whose representation fits its strategic position in the classically designed centre of Leidsche Rijn. We propose an understated icon that interprets the classic urban principles in a contemporary way and integrates new public uses in order to shape the civic space of the new centre.
Image Courtesy © Shift architecture urbanism
- Architects: Shift architecture urbanism
- Project: LRC parking
- Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
- Software used: Autocad and 3d studio max
- Client: Municipality of Utrecht
- Structural engineer: BREED Integrated Design
- Technical engineer: DGMR
- Assignment: Invited competition for a parking garage in the city centre
- Year: 2016
Sunday, June 25th, 2017
Article source: LEVS architecten
In the village of Bussum, three sculptural apartment-villas stand amid the semi-public area between the Brinklaan and the district office building Gewestkantoor, another LEVS project from 2011. The villas form part of the Spoorzone Zuid, an urban plan by LEVS architecten, that stretches along both sides of one of the busiest railways in the Netherlands. In scale and measure, the villas fit in well with the surrounding environment, which dates back to the late 19th century.
Image Courtesy © LEVS architecten
- Architects: LEVS architecten
- Project: Apartment-villas Het Gewest
- Location: Bussum, The Netherlands
Thursday, June 22nd, 2017
Article source: STUDIO MODIJEFSKY
Da Portare VIA is known for baking delicious wood oven pizzas in Amsterdam, Utrecht and now, in Zwolle. The company began with one small store on the Leliegracht, in Amsterdam and has steadily grown to 8 locations. As their popularity continues to rise, VIA, as they are now called, decided it was time to take their brand to the next level. Together with PUP creative agency, who were tasked with the rebranding, Studio Modijefsky was asked to design a unique interior to complement VIA’s new brand.
Image Courtesy © Maarten Willemstein
- Architects: STUDIO MODIJEFSKY
- Project: Da Portare Via
- Location: Zwolle, The Netherlands
- Photography: Maarten Willemstein
- Status: realized April 2017
- Client: Da Portare Via
- Design: Studio Modijefsky; Esther Stam, Moene van Werven, Natalia Nikolopoulou, Zahra Rajaei, Faustine Herrero, Kleoniki Fotiadou, Camille Billon
- Size: 170m2
Wednesday, June 21st, 2017
Article source: MVRDV
From The Wall Street Journal to Elle, and Architectural Digest to The Lonely Planet city guide; Groos has been named as a leading example for promoting contemporary goings-on in the world of design, art, food and culture in Rotterdam. The one-of-a-kind 300m2 concept store is also heading in a different direction focusing more on high-end design, art, and collaborations with a range of creatives, yet still staying true to its original concept: to promote local talent from Rotterdam to a wide audience. The store’s distinct bright pink wall displays original artworks, and its custom-made mint green candy counter is designed by Sabine Marcelis.
Image Courtesy © Ossip van Duivenbode
- Architects: MVRDV
- Project: Concept Store Groos
- Location: Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- Photography: Ossip van Duivenbode
- Client: Groos
- Design Team: Winy Maas, Jacob van Rijs, Nathalie de Vries with Fokke Moerel, Elien Deceuninck, William de Ronde and Jun Xiang Zhang
- Contractor: Goudsesingel Onderhoud
Friday, June 16th, 2017
Article source: claessens erdmann designers
A newly developed XL formula for Albert Heijn where the focus point is fresh and really good food. With more than 200 quality products added to it’s assortment and staff as “masters” of their departments, this is the market-place where you can find everything you need.
Image Courtesy © claessens erdmann designers
Friday, June 16th, 2017
Article source: Villanueva Architect
In Panningen, a small village in the South of The Netherlands, a former car dealer/workshop has been converted into a dental practice.
The renovation was accomplished by firstly demolishing all interior walls and exterior façade keeping only the bare structural columns and roof.
Image Courtesy © Villanueva Architect
- Architects: Villanueva Architect
- Project: Dental practice DuoDent
- Location: Panningen, The Netherlands
- Project Architect: Dennis Villanueva
- Client: DuoDent, Mr. L. Lommen
- Contractor: Bots Bouwgroep BV
- Size: 350 m2
Tuesday, June 13th, 2017
Article source: DELVA Landscape Architects / Urbanism
DELVA Landscape Architects / Urbanism presents the plan for ‘The Green Entrance’ of The Hague, as part of the program ‘City Entrances’. The plan covers a unique area with ‘Koningin Julianaplein’, the historic ‘Koekamp’, the ‘Malieveld’ and the ‘Haagse Bos’ and multiple formal rows of trees. Through an integral approach between landscape design, cultural heritage, mobility, programming and technology, the result is a truly unique design of ‘The Green Entrance’ with a self-explanatory The Hague identity.
Image Courtesy © DELVA Landscape Architects / Urbanism
- Architects: DELVA Landscape Architects / Urbanism
- Project: The Green Entrance for a city with style in The Hague
- Location: The Hague, The Netherlands
- Design: DELVA Landscape Architects / Urbanism In collaboration with Ingenieursbureau Den Haag
- Commissioner: Municipality of The Hague, Staatsbosbeheer(National Forest Management Agency)
- Size: 36 hectares
- Planning: Completion Koningin Julianaplein in 2019, other subprojects will be implemented in phases
Sunday, June 11th, 2017
Article source: GAAGA studio for architecture
Love at first sight
The clients asked several architects to come up with a vision for the design of their house. We made a small draft model which they fell in love with right away.
In the leafy neighbourhood of Ypenburg, an outer suburb of The Hague, most plots on Gele Lis street had already been built on. There was one long, narrow plot still available. While it was located on the water, it also had buildings at a distance of only five metres on both sides – so sun, unobstructed views and privacy were hardly a given.
Image Courtesy © GAAGA studio for architecture
- Architects: GAAGA studio for architecture
- Project: House Gele Lis
- Location: Hague, The Netherlands
- Lead Architects: Esther Stevelink, Arie Bergsma
- Contractor: Aannemersbedrijf Schotte BV, Pijnacker, The Netherlands
- Structural Engineer: Faas & Van Iterson, Sassenheim, The Netherlands
- Energy performance, building physics en acoustics: GAAGA
- Gross Built Area (square meters or square foot): 180 m2
- Completion Year: 2016
Thursday, June 8th, 2017
Article source: Mecanoo architecten b.v.
De Halve Maen, named after the vessel of the Dutch East India Company, is an apartment building that is part of the Overhoeks development. Attractive, high-quality, spacious homes have been created on the former Shell terrain, beautifully located on the north shore of the river IJ. Mecanoo designed a symmetrical U-shaped building in a park area with a tall masonry plinth and tiered superstructure.
Image Courtesy © Mecanoo architecten b.v.
Friday, June 2nd, 2017
Article source: OMA
A historically significant stadium due to its distinctive design, with the oval stands positioned close to the pitch so audience and players are in intimate proximity, De Kuip is known for its unique and intense atmosphere. Built 80 years ago, the current stadium of Rotterdam-based football club Feyenoord no longer fulfills modern demands. To facilitate the football club’s expanding ambitions both in the national and European football leagues, multiple plans for a new and renovated stadium have been made and presented over the past decade, none of which received final approval. In 2016, Operatie NL, OMA and Feyenoord proposed a different approach: the construction of a new stadium combined with the development of the surrounding neighborhood.
Image Courtesy © OMA
- Architects: OMA
- Project: Feyenoord City
- Location: Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- Clients: Stadion Feijenoord NV, Feyenoord Rotterdam NV
- Associates-in-charge: Kees van Casteren, Paolo Caracini
- Team: Andrea Tabocchini, Edmond Lakatos, Emma Lubbers, MacAuley Brown, Max Scherer, Rina Kang, Roza Matveeva, Shinji Takagi, Tanner Merkeley, imur Shabaev, Thomas Brown