Posts Tagged ‘The Netherlands’
Thursday, December 19th, 2013
Article source: UNStudio
The design for the Theatre Spijkenisse focuses on the placement and orientation of the building in the urban location, whilst simultaneously providing architectural solutions for programming needs and public access.
Traffic flows play an important role in the organisation of the building. Access routes to the theatre form an essential artery for the city, with the theatre providing a point of recognition for returning visitors and functioning as a visiting card for the city as a whole.
Image Courtesy © UNStudio
- Architects: UNStudio
- Project: Theatre Spijkenisse
- Location: The Netherlands
- Client: Municipality of Spijkenisse
- Building surface: 5800m2 gross, 4500m2 net
- Building volume: 42000m3
- Building site: 3600m2
- Programme: Theatre
- Status: Under construction
- Credits: Ben van Berkel, Caroline Bos, Gerard Loozekoot with Jacques van Wijk and Hans Kooij, Thomas Harms, Lars Nixdorff, Gustav Fagerstrom, Ramon van der Heijden Tatjana Gorbachewskaja, Jesca de Vries, Wesley Lanckriet, Maud van Hees, Benjamin Moore, Philipp Mecke and Daniela Hake
Tuesday, December 17th, 2013
Article source: Powerhouse Company
At the train station of Haarlem, The Netherlands, underneath the historical roofed gallery, Powerhouse Company designed two retail pavilions, one for Starbucks and one for Broodzaak, a Dutch chain for take-away sandwiches, coffee and snacks. With the arrival of the pavilions the site retrieves its original function as an area for meeting and waiting.
Image Courtesy © Christian van der Kooy.
Thursday, December 5th, 2013
Article source: 123DV
Residence with swimming pool and unique bedroom pavilions
On part of estate Duivenvoorde seven plots will be available for people who want to design their own home. The future residents will be living in absolute peace in an ancient cultural landscape, while The Hague, Leiden and Schiphol Airport are all within reach. Selling of the plots has started in 20.
Image Courtesy © 123DV
- Architects: 123DV
- Project: Sky Frame House
- Location: Voorschoten, The Netherlands
- Description: Modern villa with swimmingpool and unique sleepingpavilions
- Surroundings: Ancient culture landscape
- Client: Wonen op Haagwijk
- Program: Open space for living with livingroom, diningroom and kitchen, studio/office, swimmingpool, 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, toilet, storage room, garage
- Materials: White stucco and lots of glass
- Surface area: 400 m² floor space, 295 m² terrace space
Sunday, November 24th, 2013
Article source: Architecten|en|en
On a former sports field within the ring road of the Dutch town of Groningen, a new residential district is being realised by creating a ‘scenery landscape’. This plan achieves the coherence and transition between the ‘garden vilage’ De Oude Hoogte and the industrial area on the northern side of the ring road. The division into sequential living atmospheres provides a varied range of housing typologies.
Image Courtesy © BASE Photography
- Architects: Architecten|en|en
- Project: Court-housing Cortinghborg Groningen
- Location: Groningen, The Netherlands
- Photography: BASE Photography
- Client: De Huismeesters
- Project year: 2003 – 2013
Wednesday, November 20th, 2013
Article source: LEVS architecten
DE BOUWMEESTER (THE ARCHITECT) GIVES GOLDEN TOUCH TO ZUILEN, DISTRICT OF UTRECHT
The multifunctional residential and care building stands as a golden sculpture on the edge of the Springer Park. It is one of the anchor points for the renewal of the park and the adjacent post-war neighbourhoods. After 20 months of construction residents, care institution and nursery have moved into their new domicile.
Image Courtesy © Marcel van der Burg
- Architects: LEVS architecten
- Project: DE BOUWMEESTER GIVES GOLDEN TOUCH
- Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
- Photography: Marcel van der Burg
- Program: 10.000 m2 with care and housing for the elderly (5 psycho-geriatric living areas, 2 living areas for psychiatric treatment, day care) , nursery , 30 social apartments and space for neighbourhood functions
- Client: Mitros Project Development
- Users: Mitros (housing), Vecht and IJssel (care), Ludens (nursery)
- Contractor: ERA Contour
Thursday, October 24th, 2013
Article source: Engelman Architecten
Originally built around 1850, the Arresthuis prison building underwent various renovations and expansions until the end of the 20th century. This monumental former prison complex extends over almost an entire city block in the historic centre of Roermond. When the prison facilities moved away from the historic complex and left the city centre of Roermond, the buildings were left unoccupied.
Image Courtesy © Engelman Architecten
Gross floor surface
- Hotel: 4570 m2
- Apartments: 3696 m2
- Car park: 1226 m2
Tuesday, October 15th, 2013
Article source: DENOLDERVLEUGELS Architects & Associates
The construction of this characteristic villa in the forests around Naarden was finished recently. DENOLDERVLEUGELS is responsible for the design of the villa as well as the interior design and the garden design.
The main building has two levels and a thatched roof. The facade is layered by a plinth of masonry, a stucco midsection and a channel siding wooden top. The colour pallet is natural with a dark grey tone as contrast for the wooden window frames.
Image Courtesy © DENOLDERVLEUGELS Architects & Associates
- Architects: DENOLDERVLEUGELS Architects & Associates
- Project: VILLA
- Location: NAARDEN, THE NETHERLANDS
- Client: Private
- Contractor: Bouwbedrijf Van Rijn B.V.
- Gardener: Van Dijk Tuinen B.V.
- Nett Floor Area: 300 sqm2
- Volume: 1.200 m3
Saturday, October 12th, 2013
Article source: De Bever Architecten
The house is situated on a corner lot in the typical 30’s district ‘de Elzent’ against the natural landscape of the river Dommel valley, in the center of Eindhoven, The Netherlands. The existing main house is relatively small in structure, however the lot size is sufficient enough to resist an carefully threaded extension. An extension where extra comfort is added to the existing house.
Image Courtesy © Norbert van Onna
- Architects: De Bever Architecten
- Project: House IV
- Location: Eindhoven, The Netherlands
- Photography: Norbert van Onna
- Client: Private
- Realisation: May 2013
- Program: Extension and renovation private dwelling including outdoor pool, total surface extension 77m²
- Materials: Concrete floor and roof, chromed steel door, full glass façade, shell-limestone walls, chromed steel door
- Construction engineer: Archimedes Bouwadvies, Eindhoven
- Contractor: Burgtbouw, Deurne
- Glass realization: Si-X, Benthuizen
Saturday, October 12th, 2013
Article source: Maccreanor Lavington
Hoflaan House replaces a two storey, post-war dwelling that had reached the end of its life due to the poor quality of materials available after the war. The street is characterised by deep front and rear gardens, large mature trees and by numerous individual houses of different widths and heights in different materials, built at different times in a wide variety of architectural styles.
Image Courtesy © Maccreanor Lavington
Saturday, October 5th, 2013
Article source: Esthec
This beautiful outside area is equipped with Esthec Terrace. Esthec is durable, splinter free, simple to maintain and above all it feels comfortable on bare feet. Even when itâ€™s wet, Esthec provides excellent slip resistance, which is specifically important when it is used on a pool deck.
Image Courtesy © Esthec
- Architects: Esthec
- Project: Terrace of Residential
- Location: Rotterdam, The Netherlands