Article source: Alexios Vandoros
At the streets Syggrou and Valaoritou takes place a new urban transformation of the city of Thessaloniki, Greece. The old small industry shops are converted to coffee-bars, pubs, alternative restaurants…
The area combines the old with the new, the alternative with the common. And, basically, ‘cheap’ entertainment..
A new place was created there, a coffee-bar, in a building that is said to be the oldest in the town of Thessaloniki. It was built at the end of the 19th century, and was the private house of the famous merchant ‘Allatini’, known as such since 1926.
- Architects: Alexios Vandoros – ShAPe Architects (Sandra Kalliagra, Patty Psarrou)
- Name of project: L’ovella Negra Bar
- Location: Thessalonika, Greece
- Completion Date: December 2009
- Software used: Autocad and 3dsmax