Article source: Cino Zucchi Architetti with RecchiEngineering and Proger
The current museum complex, designed by Amedeo Albertini in 1958-60, is comprised of various bodies, the main section of which, a convex 114 meter façade faces onto the Po river and Corso Unità d’Italia. The competition brief stipulated the addition of a new wing on Via Richelmy and the reorganization of pedestrian and vehicular access, keeping in line with the latest developments of museums in Europe. The new museum, with an expected annual attendance of 250,000 people, accompanied by significant conference and educational activities, will thus become a driving force in the urban renewal of the southeast quadrant of the city.
- Architect: Cino Zucchi Architetti with RecchiEngineering and Proger
- Name of Project: National Automobile Museum in Turin renovation and extension
- Location: Turin, Italy
- Architectural design and artistic supervision: Cino Zucchi Architetti (team leader)
- Coordination and supervision of works : RecchiEngineering Srl
- Engineering: Proger Spa
- Restoration consultant: Michela Catalano
- Exhibition design: François Confino and Studio LLTT
- Dimensions: 17.700 m²
- Time Duration: 2005-2011
- Software used: Autodesk Autocad. For the constructive design of the metallic structures, the Studio Durbano has used the software TEKLA Structures and has won with this project the prize Tekla Model Competition 2010,Italy.