Posts Tagged ‘Turkey’
Wednesday, May 25th, 2016
Article source: pRchitect communications consultancy
I-Tower office building designed by Tago Architects, an Istanbul based architecture studio, remarks with its dynamical form, its high technology and striking use of materials as well as its dynamical form the perception of which changes with every different point of view.
Image Courtesy © Gurkan Akay
- Architects: TAGO Architects
- Project: I Tower
- Location: Bomonti, İstanbul, Turkey
- Photography: Gurkan Akay
- Software used: 3DsMax
- Client: Fer Yapı
- Designer: Gokhan Altan Aktug
- Design Team: Gokhan Aktan Altug, Muge Eker Eryayar, Muge Tugay, Sinem Aykanat, Tuba Bayrak, Tugba Cestel
- Total Project Area: 41.000 sqm
Tuesday, May 17th, 2016
Article source: Paolo Cesaretti Architetto
The inspiration for this project came from the tension between archaic and contemporary so deeply expressed by the city of Istanbul, where contrasts are the spirit of daily life. To epitomize this kind of tension we adopted a simple but powerful alphabet of opposed neat geometries. The overlaying of linear and monochromatic elements created different perspectives giving deepness to the space. Thus shaping an ideal background to the display of a wide range of product families, enhancing their decorative and plastic qualities and, at the same time, making clear all their technical features.
Image Courtesy © Luca Rotondo
- Architects: Paolo Cesaretti Architetto
- Project: Monochrome – Kale at Unicera 2016
- Location: Istanbul, Turkey
- Photography: Luca Rotondo
- Client: Kale group
- Creative direction: Paolo Cesaretti
- Design Team: Kaul cesaretti, Danish paola, Francesca panizza
- Visual design: Modiki
- Styling: Sea winners
- Contractor: Studio/ embroiderer
- Area: 750 sqm
Friday, May 6th, 2016
Article source: Original Vision Limited
Cascading in terraces down a gently sloping hillside high above the coastal town of Yalikavak, Jacaranda is an estate of thirteen fully managed resort villas. Through careful master planning and utilisation of the natural slope, every home enjoys the full unobstructed majesty of an Aegean sunset.
Image Courtesy © Original Vision Limited
- Architects: Original Vision Limited
- Project: Jacaranda
- Location: Yalikavak, Bodrum Peninsula, Turkey
- Total Development GFA: 3,825m2
Thursday, May 5th, 2016
Article source: AUDB
The London based office AUDB has just completed a university classroom building in Izmir Turkey as a part of their on going commitment to research and development projects in the region. The building has also won the prestigious A Awards in April 2016.
Image Courtesy © Argun Tanriverdi
- Architects: AUDB
- Project: School of Foreign Languages
- Location: Izmir, Turkey
- Photography: Argun Tanriverdi
- Client: Izmir University of Economics
- Site Architect/project manager: Hüsnü Alpan
- Design Team: Yağmur Arıcı, Mehtap Altuğ
- Structural Engineers: Ardalı Ltd. Şti.
- Service Engineers:
- Electricity: Özyavru Ltd.Şti.
- Mechanics: Egetek Ltd. Şti.
- Main Contractor: Kuryap Ltd. Şti.
- Control: İzmir Ekonomi Üniversitesi Denetim Ekibi / Arch. Mehtap Altuğ, Civ. Eng. Berna Kaya, Elec. Eng. Tevfik Sungur, Mec. Eng. Nadir Tahta
Thursday, April 14th, 2016
Recently Antalya is under a rapid transformation like many other cities in Turkey. These quick transformations usually aim segregated mediocre urban projects rather than balancing the benefits of different actors. Although there are many possibilities for a city like Antalya with much diverse qualities such as forests, sea, history, tourism and culture most of the renovation projects are enclosed mediocre worlds that rather try to exist within their limited environment.
Image Courtesy © Alper Derinboğaz, Salon
- Architects: Alper Derinboğaz, Salon
- Project: Antalya Green Hub
- Location: Antalya, Turkey
- Total Project Area: 1.309.000 sqm
- Construction Area: 1.627.000 sqm
- Total Green Area: 260.584 sqm
- Expected Project Start: September 2016
- Expected Completion Dates: Semptenber 2018 (1. Stage) – June 2019 (2. Stage)
- Software used: Rhino
Wednesday, March 16th, 2016
Article source: Engiz AE ltd
The location is an access into or exit from the city of Antalya. The environment is the pine forests of the city and also the industry zone. The requirements of the zone should have been well analysed through the planning process. The product is a 130-140 rooms capacity business hotel, with a well designed spa and convention hall. The scale of buildings not to exceed the pine trees silhouette and by the use of timber, glass and mirror, the architecture tried not to disturb the mood of nature with its horizontal lines, through transperency and reflection effects.
Image Courtesy © Engiz AE ltd
- Architects: Engiz AE ltd
- Project: Keptur Hotel & Convention
- Location: Antalya, Turkey
Tuesday, March 15th, 2016
Article source: RMJM Group
Bird – Spirit of the Tower
An air traffic control tower is the absolute symbol of aviation industry, of traveling, of welcoming and of wishing good bye. The highest building in the airport is as important as a first impression as any. It signals arrival or departure, safety and a watch over the complicated and definitely not earthly experience of flying. In other words although not a gate in shape it is undoubtedly the metaphor of one.
Image Courtesy © RMJM Group
- Architects: RMJM Group
- Project: Airport Traffic Control Tower
- Location: Turkey
Tuesday, March 8th, 2016
Article source: PAB Architects
Gokceada is a characteristic island in Northern Aegean Sea with small scale masonry houses in organic urban patterns. Being on an island, the town is an isolated settlement with limited resources. Therefore the main aim of Gokceada High School Campus, which includes a high school, vocational school, dormitory, gymnasium, library, and a conference hall, is to create an integrated life within educational-social entity of the school and the urban life. By this means, the campus will not only be used in the school hours, but it will serve for 24 hours to the people of the island as an open campus with a projection of sharing limited resources efficiently.
Image Courtesy © PAB Architects
- Architects: PAB Architects
- Project: Gokceada High School Campus
- Location: Gokçeada, Çanakkale, Turkey
- Design Team: Pınar Gökbayrak, Ali Eray, Burçin Yıldırım, Çağlar Yılmaz, Sinem Yardımcı, Ekin Aytaç, Arzu Meyvacı, Serkan Polat
- Area: 18.000 sqm
- Project Year: 2015
Sunday, March 6th, 2016
Article source: Ofist
The flat is on the fourth floor of Hamit Bey Apartment building which was designed by the architect Apostol Mavrodoglu a century ago and it is located on Gumussuyu Street in Taksim, Istanbul.
Image Courtesy © Ali Bekman
- Architects: Ofist, YaseminArpac, Sebahattin Emir
- Project: Bell House
- Location: Gumussuyu, Taksim, Istanbul, Turkey
- Photography: Ali Bekman
- Project Coordinator: GoksenGungor
- Total Construction Area: 160m2
- Project Date: 2014
Saturday, February 27th, 2016
Article source: Alper Derinboğaz,Salon
Istanbul based award winner studio Alper Derinboğaz,Salon designed Beylikdüzü Life Valley Bridges and Routes masterplan project with the guidelines of possibilities, the ideas, the dreams, and the scenarios under the title of “Keeping the Valley Alive” within shaping the future of the valley will be pieced together with the targets of keeping it livable, accessible, sustainable, feasible. Salon detailed the design process with in 3 main headings, namely Access the Valley, Feel the Valley, and Watch the Valley to make up the backbone of the project with the inclusion of transitions and strong relationships between different scales such as the civil society, the city scale, the district scale, and the bridge scale.
Image Courtesy © Alper Derinboğaz,Salon