Article source: Gerville R. Larsen, A.I.A.
“hus af lys” (Danish for “house of light”) is a single family residence located on the northside of the island of St. Croix. This contemporary residence uses sleek geometries and details to enhance the spectacular views towards Hams Bluff and the Caribbean Sea. St. Croix, the largest of the US Virgin Islands, is divided geographically into former plantation estates established during Danish Colonial rule. The Crucian landscape is dotted with predominantly stone monuments of sugar mills, smoke stacks and factory buildings, executed by highly skilled enslaved African craftsmen, which still stand almost intact today.
- Architect:Gerville R. Larsen, A.I.A.
- Project:“hus af lys” (Danish for “house of light”)
- Location:Cane Bay, St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands
- Firm: TALLER LARJAS, LLC
- Project Status: Construction Documents
- Site area: 27238 sq.ft.
- Gross floor area: 2300 sq.ft.
- Software used: AutoCADLT, Kerkythea and IRender nXt