Posts Tagged ‘UAE’
Thursday, October 15th, 2015
Article source: LUCEM Lichtbeton
Every Facade Panels is unique:
Projecting Letters become a fascinating Lighting Show at night
Due to its rapid Growth the Arabic Emirate of Abu Dhabi is considered to be among the most modern cities of the world. Its impressive high-rise towers and architectural distinctive buildings with the generously expanded roads and highways characterize the cityscape. Part of such buildings are a large number of newly constructed magnificent Mosques such as for example the Al Aziz Mosque which has been opened with the beginning of Ramadan 2015 on the Al Reem Island. Architect of this project is the reputable APG Architecture and Planning Group who is responsible for many prominent projects in UAE and in the arabic World. With this new Mosque APG has introduced innovative and new ideas and concepts with the use of Light Transmitting Concrete technology for the construction of unique and distinguished Facades. The Al Aziz Mosque Project was provided with worldwide unique and impressive Facade elements that were designed, produced and installed by LUCEM Lichtbeton.
Image Courtesy © LUCEM Lichtbeton
- Architects: LUCEM Lichtbeton
- Project: A world-wide unique facade made of LUCEM Light Transmitting Concrete
- Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Client: HAMG, Hasan Abdullah Mohammed Group, Abu Dhabi
- Architect and Consultant: APG Architecture and Planning Group, Abu Dhabi
- Idea of illuminated Calligraphy: APG/Abu Dhabi, ALD/Germany, LUCEM/Germany
- General Contractor: ARABTEC, Dubai
- Installation: SALAM Enterprises, Dubai / LUCEM, Germany
- Panel Dimensions: 1800 mm x 1400 mm and 3600 mm x 1400 mm
- Panel Thickness: 40 mm plus 30 mm protruding Arabic Letters
- Façade: Total Area: 515 m2
- Lighting Technique: Water proof light modules type OSRAM „Back-LED plus” IP 66 with individually developed LUCEM Maintenance System
- Completion Date: May 2015
- Opening Date: Ramadan 2015 (18. Juni 2015)
Saturday, May 9th, 2015
Article source: Annabel Karim Kassar (Annaka Fzco)
Al Zorah pavilion in Ajman is a landmark, it is the first project to be implemented on site, as part of the city’s redevelopment. The structure is a 4 500 Msq multifunctional center dedicated to Administration, Culture and Entertainment overlooking the mangrove of Ajman.
Image Courtesy © Tony Elieh
- Architects: Annabel Karim Kassar (ANNAKA fzco)
- Project: Al Zorah Pavilion
- Location: Ajman, UAE
- Photography: Tony Elieh
- Project architect: Rabih Zeidan
- Collaborators: Walid Hamze, Nehmat Alameh, Violaine Jeantet, Jean Sfeir
- Area: 4,500 m2
- Footprint: 45x45m
- Height from mangrove side: 14m
- Completion: Early 2014
Friday, May 1st, 2015
Article source: M+N Architecture
The project is about the interior fit-out of the new headquarters of the well-known company Viola Communications in twofour54, the media free zone of Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates. It can be considered the first innovative and conceptual office design in the emirate, where the classic scheme of the typical workplace is re-invented and the traditional arrangement of the office functions into “rooms and corridors” is replaced by a fluid, informal and interactive space. In this innovative design,relationships between users are set to be a priority and an accomplishing remarkable success to the challenge of mixing the local taste with modern interpretation.
Image Courtesy © Giulio Asso @ Verdekiwi Photography
- Architects: M+N Architecture
- Project: Viola Communications Office
- Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Photography: Giulio Asso @ Verdekiwi Photography
- Project Team: Lorenzo Zoli, Alessandra Barilaro, Giulio Asso, Marco Barazzuoli
- Client: Viola Communications
- Date of occupancy: November 2014
- Area: 1.463 sqm
- Contractor: Life Space Interior Design
- Sub-Contractors: Iwin, Leaders Decor, Supersign, Vista Systems, Zoom Interiors.
- Manufacturers: All+,Artemide, Buro45, Duffy London, Ege Carpet, Herman Miller, Lucenova, Moving
Thursday, April 9th, 2015
Article source: Aedas
Designed by Aedas, the project occupies one of the best locations in Dubai Marina, facing the Arabian Gulf on one side and the Dubai Marina on the other. It consists of three residential towers standing above a cluster of podium loft units with retail facilities at lower levels. The towers range from 43 to 56 storeys, offering spacious, modern apartments and duplex penthouses. They are tied together by a seven-storey podium that houses waterfront villas and boutique retail units. Each building has its own tropical pool deck, gym and facilities.
Image Courtesy © Aedas
- Architects: Aedas
- Project: The Residences at Marina Gate
- Location: Dubai, UAE
- Client: Select Group
- Gross floor area: 210,000 sq m
- Completion year: 2017 (Phase 1)
Wednesday, December 24th, 2014
Article source: Zaha Hadid Architects
Bee’ah, the Middle East’s leading fully integrated environmental and waste management company has commissioned Zaha Hadid Architects to build its new Headquarters building in Sharjah, UAE, following the 2013 international competition.
The new Headquarters building is part of Bee’ah’s ongoing investment to transform attitudes and behaviours in individuals, communities, businesses and cities by providing the infrastructure, tools and support to achieve their environmental goals. Working towards achieving its Zero-Waste to landfill, cleaner air and water, renewable energy and sustainable future targets, Bee’ah is developing and providing coherent and sustainable environmental solutions to meet the challenges of the community it serves.
Image Courtesy © ZAHA HADID ARCHITECTS
- Architects: Zaha Hadid Architects
- Project: Bee’ah Headquarters
- Location: Sharjah, UAE
- Design: Zaha Hadid and Patrik Schumacher
- ZHA Project Associate: Tariq Khayyat
- ZHA Project Architect: Kutbuddin Nadiadi
- ZHA Design Team: Xiaosheng Li, Gerry Cruz, Yuxi Fu, Drew Merkle, Vivian Pashiali, Edward Luckmann, Eleni Mente, Kwanphil Cho, Mu Ren, Harry Ibbs, Mostafa El Sayed, Suryansh Chandra, Thomas Jensen, Alexandra Fisher, Spyridon Kaprinis
- ZHA Competition Team: Xiaosheng Li, Gerry Cruz, Yuxi Fu, Drew Merkle, Lauren Barclay, Mostafa El Sayed, Alia Zayani, Mubarak Al Fahim
- Renders: MIR
- Landscape: Francis Landscape, Beirut
- Site Area: 90,000 sq. m.
- Floor Area: 7,000 sq. m.
- Height: 18 m.
Tuesday, October 7th, 2014
Article source: MBAD ARQUITECTOS+X ARCHITECTS
THE SITE IS LOCATED IN DUBAI SILICON OASIS, WHICH IS A 7.2 KM.SQ FREE ZONE IN DUBAI. IT HAS A FINISHED NETWORK OF ROADS ALLOWING QUICK ACCESS TO DUBAI’S MAJOR HIGHWAYS. ALTHOUGH THE AREA IS AN ARID, UNBOUND AREA THAT IS STILL DEVELOPING, ANY NEW CONSTRUCTION SHOULD RELATE TO THIS CONTEXT.
Image Courtesy © MBAD ARQUITECTOS + X ARCHITECTS
- Architects: MBAD ARQUITECTOS + X ARCHITECTS
- Project: AXIOM TOWN HEADQUARTER COMPLEX
- Location: DUBAI SILICON OASIS, UAE
- Collaborators: Paolo Russi, Marcelo Benvenutto
- Site area: 410000 sqf (38090 mts2)
- Project area: 178141 sqf (16257 mts2)
Wednesday, March 26th, 2014
Article source: Arper
A key gateway to the markets of the Middle East, Dubai is one of the seven emirates forming the United Arab Emirates. Its strategic location and cultural fabric facilitate contact with business partners in Europe and Asia in the same territory. The second most populous emirate, Dubai has witnessed a very recent, but highly sustained development, fuelled by substantial investments in real estate, and capable of attracting an increasing number of internationally renowned professionals in the field of architecture and design.
Image Courtesy © VerdeKiwi
- Architects: Arper
- Project: New showroom
- Location: Dubai, UAE
- Photography: VerdeKiwi
Tuesday, July 23rd, 2013
Article source: Goettsch Partners
The five-building Sowwah Square complex in Abu Dhabi has won the 2013 Best Tall Building Award for the Middle East & Africa region, as conferred by the Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat (CTBUH). The project now competes as one of four regional winners for the 2013 Best Tall Building Worldwide, to be awarded in November. Designed by architecture firm Goettsch Partners (GP) and developed by Mubadala Real Estate & Infrastructure, Sowwah Square is located on Al Maryah Island and defines the new downtown anchor for Plan Abu Dhabi 2030, the emirate’s long-term urban framework plan.
Image Courtesy © Lester Ali, Mubadala Real Estate & Infrastructure
- Architects: Goettsch Partners
- Project: SOWWAH SQUARE
- Location: Al Maryah Island, UAE
- Photography: Lester Ali and Mubadala Real Estate & Infrastructure
- Software used: Autocad
Tuesday, July 16th, 2013
Article source: Mr. Important Design
Mister Important Design is an interior design firm that brings an ebullient perspective to interiors. Specializing in hotels, nightclubs, restaurants, bars and lounges, Mister Important Design works closely with clients to achieve interiors that exceed expectations. Exuberant interors that are designed to be remembered and talked about.
Image Courtesy © Jeff Dow
- Architects: Mr. Important Design
- Project: Alegra
- Location: Murooj Rotana Hotel, Dubai, UAE
- Photography: Jeff Dow
- Client, Owner: John Saliba
- Size (sq m): 300 square meters
- Design Team: Charles Doell, Miriam Marchevsky, and Alvaro Bonfiglio
- Main Contractor: Owner Contractor
- Completion Date: February 2012
Thursday, February 28th, 2013
Article source: theWorkshop Design Consultancy FZE
Prior to franchising the business, the Town Centre outlet was developed to establish the interior design identity of SUMO Sushi & Bento. Located in the centre of the mall’s octogonal atrium, the architecture for this first branch is a direct response to the existing context.
A sushi bar and satellite kitchen are placed on centre to act as the focal point, and the various seating arrangements are designed around the perimeter of the tenancy. Cantilevered and decorative light fittings compensate for the lack of a ceiling and introduce a sense of scale for the end user.
Image Courtesy theWorkshop Design Consultancy FZE
- Architects: theWorkshop Design Consultancy FZE
- Project: Sumo Sushi & Bento
- Location: Jumeirah Town Centre, Dubai, UAE
- Architect: Ghaith Ghantous (from theWorkshop Design Consultancy FZE)
- Contractor: Blue Camel
- Completed: July 2006