Posts Tagged ‘UK’
Friday, September 30th, 2016
Article source: Roselind Wilson Design
Roselind Wilson Design was appointed to refurbish, including interior architecture, interior design and project manage a 2209 square foot, three-bedroom, three-bathroom duplex apartment on the second and third floors of The Bromptons. The brief was to transform the existing apartment into a secondary residence for the client. Marrying the exquisite architectural detail with the interior architecture of the apartment, we ensured it was up to date in terms of technology, whilst clearly reflecting the personality of the client in order to create a space that felt unequivocally like a home away from home.
Image Courtesy © Richard Waite
- Architects: Roselind Wilson Design (Geraldine Wilson)
- Project: The Bromptons
- Location: Chelsea, London, United Kingdom
- Photography: Richard Waite
- Software used: CAD, SketchUp, PhotoShop
- Designer(s): Roselind Wilson Design
- Area: 2209 square foot
Wednesday, September 14th, 2016
Article source: Paper House Project
This former garment factory in Bethnal Green had previously been used as a commercial office before being converted into a large open plan live/work unit nearly ten years ago. The challenge: how to retain an open plan arrangement whilst creating defined spaces and adding a second bedroom.
Image Courtesy © Paper House Project
Friday, September 9th, 2016
Article source: Spacesmith Architecture
Spacesmith recently completed the new 20,000 sf London headquarters for repeat client MarketAxess, an e-trading platform provider. The company recently acquired Xtraker, a financial systems software firm, and relocated in order to operate jointly under one roof.
Image Courtesy © Thierry Cardineau
- Architects: Spacesmith Architecture
- Project: MarketAxess UK
- Location: 5 Aldermanbury Square, London, UK
- Photography: Thierry Cardineau
- Software used: AutoCAD
- Client: MarketAxess London
- Spacesmith Team: Michel Franck Principal In Charge, Harry Westbrook – Architecture, Daniel Chilcote – Furniture & Finishes
- Outside Project Managers or Owners Representatives: CBRE Project Management Division, Nikolas Denman PM
- MEP Engineers: CCS
- AV Consultant: Ocean Limited UK Company
- IT Consultant: Ocean Limited UK Company
- Final Budget: $ 135 per (Design Built process with London Team)
- Square Footage: 20,000 rsf
- Start Date: Design- March 2013
- Completion Date: December 2013
Wednesday, August 10th, 2016
Article source: OB Architecture
The brief required a large contemporary family house that would take advantage of the lovely views over the fields and the Solent beyond.
The site lies within an Area of Special Character that is made up of predominantly traditional pitched roof houses, so the design of the new house had to mediate between the clients’ desire for a contemporary house and the planners’ requirements for a pitched roof form. The design also had to appear modest from the front to respect the 2-storey properties either side.
Image Courtesy © Martin Gardner
- Architects: OB Architecture (James Chapman)
- Project: Meadowcroft
- Location: Hampshire, UK
- Photography: Martin Gardner
- Structural Engineer: McCarey Simmonds
- Gross Internal Floor Area: 400sqm
- Start on Site Date: July 2013
- Completion: January 2015
Sunday, August 7th, 2016
Article source: David Nossiter Architects
The site, situated on the Essex/Suffolk borders within the landscape immortalised by Constable was originally the home farm of the nearby Assington Hall Estate, destroyed by fire in the 1950s. It consists of a collection of farm buildings forming a courtyard. The centrepiece of the site with views over the rural landscape is a large barn of cathedral-like proportions.
Image Courtesy © David Nossiter Architects
- Architects: David Nossiter Architects
- Project: Church Hill Barn
- Location: Suffolk, CO10, UK
- Structural Engineer: AFP Consult Ltd
- Construction dates: 2014-2016
Friday, July 22nd, 2016
Article source: Footprint Architects
This second addition to the Victorian Grade 2 listed school building, is a new translucent inside outside space designed as a sensory classroom environment that enables free flow for foundation level children.
The school were keen that the new space allowed them to enlarge the existing reception year intake and enable children to have direct access to the play space whilst improving visibility and supervision for teachers.
Image Courtesy © Alex Campbell
- Architects: Footprint Architects (Peter Ward)
- Project: Downton Primary School
- Location: Bournemouth, UK
- Photography: Alex Campbell
- Software used: Vectorworks
- Completion: December 2015
Friday, July 8th, 2016
Article source: G M Moore & Associates
To design a replacement eco-friendly replacement dwelling.
The site is situated relatively high in the downs above the village of Rodmell near Lewes, East Sussex.
Image Courtesy © G M Moore & Associates
- Architects: G M Moore & Associates
- Project: Sustainable modernist dwelling
- Location: South Downs National Park, England, UK
Friday, May 6th, 2016
Article source: ArchiCGI
All spaces that we visit, no matter how big or small, deserve to be perfectly designed. The design of this café is truly wild, requiring a lot of unusual elements to match perfectly.
Image Courtesy © ArchiCGI
- Architects: ArchiCGI
- Project: Cafe rendering
- Location: UK
Sunday, May 1st, 2016
Article source: One World Design Archtects
National Grid’s HQ, National Grid House, on the outskirts of Warwick, within view of the Historic Castle, houses some 2800 staff. It is operational 24 hours a day, every day of the year and is a site which controls and is critical to the power distribution infrastructure in the UK. National Grids commitment to sustainability in all their undertakings has meant that the brief for a new car park on this site would always lead to something extraordinary – with the car park now finished it has literally come alive.
Image Courtesy © One World Design Archtects
- Architects: One World Design Archtects
- Project: National Grid Car Park
- Location: Warwick, UK
- Software used: Autocad, Sketchup and 3d studio
- Client: National Grid
- Contractor: Goldbek
- Lead Consultant: Cundall
- Structurl Engineer: Cundall
- M&E Engineer: Cundall
- Planning Consultant: Deliotte
- Living Wall: Ans
Wednesday, April 20th, 2016
Article source: Farrell
Designed by Farrells and developed by Mount Anvil, The Eagle located on City Road, just north of Old Street round about in London, creates a new landmark building for this fast-developing area, whilst drawing on the heritage of the site to establish a modern-day Art Deco icon.
Image Courtesy © Farrell
- Architects: Farrell
- Project: The Eagle
- Location: London, UK