Posts Tagged ‘USA’
Thursday, September 21st, 2017
Article source: Feldman Architecture
A growing technology investment firm was seeking a light-filled design for their new office space. As is often the case in the historic buildings of the San Francisco’s Presidio, structural concrete columns and ridge skylights imposed a repetitive infrastructure that could not be altered. These fixed elements acted as a source of inspiration for the design. The rhythm of the exposed columns organizes a progression through the office and serves various programmatic needs of the employees and guests.
Image Courtesy © Paul Dyer
- Architects: Feldman Architecture
- Project: Presidio VC Offices
- Location: California, USA
- Photography: Paul Dyer
Wednesday, September 20th, 2017
Article source: CORE architecture + design
James Beard award-winning Chef Jose Garces wants guests to feel as though they have traveled to the relaxing and vibrant beach towns of coastal Mexico while dining at Buena Onda, a taqueria and margarita bar. Inspired by the ambiance of Acapulco and color blocking of Luis Barragan, CORE worked closely with Chef Garces to find the right balance of color and texture for each of the restaurant’s distinct elements.
Image Courtesy © Michael Moran
- Architects: CORE architecture + design
- Project: Buena Onda
- Location: 1901 Callowhill St, Philadelphia, PA 19130, USA
- Photography: Michael Moran
- Software used: ArchiCAD, Rhino
- General Contractor: CVM Next Construction
- Food Service Consultant: Feustel Foodservice Design, LLC
- MEP Engineer: hpe GROUP, LLC
- Millwork: Meline Woodworking Inc & Atreus Works
- Branding and Logo: Weholden
- Graphic and Menu Design: Seth Design Group
- Exterior Signage: Baker the Sign Man
- Gross Built Area: 2,400 ft2
- Completion Year: 2015
Sunday, September 17th, 2017
Article source: MAYES OFFICE |MO|
With the Santa Monica Mountains as a backdrop and the Pacific Ocean at its feet, the Bellino Residence was built to be in dialogue with its natural surroundings. Completed in 2015 by Santa Monica based architecture and design firm, Mayes Office, this abode in the Pacific Palisades comprises of two levels and a roof deck that affords a complete panorama of the California coast.
Image Courtesy © Tara Wujcik
- Architects: MAYES OFFICE |MO|
- Project: Bellino Residence : The Epitome of Indoors and Outdoor Living
- Location: California, USA
- Photography: Tara Wujcik
Friday, September 15th, 2017
Article source: Olson Kundig
38 Beams, served as the temporary pavilion housing the Collectors Lounge for the tenth edition of Design Miami/ Miami Beach. With 38 Beams, Olson Kundig aimed to bring a northwest sensibility to this international event, by sourcing fashion, music, lighting, furniture and other design elements from makers and purveyors based in the Pacific Northwest.
Image Courtesy © Gesi Schilling
- Architects: Olson Kundig
- Project: 38 Beams – The Collectors Lounge at Design Miami/ 2014
- Location: Florida, USA
- Photography: Gesi Schilling
Thursday, September 14th, 2017
Article source: RMTA
The Sprint Mobile Health Accelerator is a venture powered by the Sprint Corporation, dedicated to the growth of the tech sector and entrepreneurship in Kansas City. The Accelerator is a beacon for entrepreneurship in the region, bringing startups from around the world into Kansas City to work on the future of mobile health technology. Sprint co-locates engineering talent, executive mentors and other technical resources to ensure these startups have an unfair advantage against the rest of the industry.
Sprint tasked RMTA to create a place that inspires and promotes work-life balance; a place where people want to be. Built in 1903 as an ice house, the 12,000 square feet second floor underwent significant renovations while retaining the building’s original, natural charm to accommodate a wide variety of activities within three distinct sections:
Image Courtesy © RMTA
- Architects: RMTA
- Project: Sprint Accelerator
- Location: Kansas City, Missouri USA
Wednesday, September 13th, 2017
Article source: goCstudio
Seattle-based goCstudio, an architecture studio known for its innovative work and collaborations with artists and craftsmen, has completed COR Cellars winery located in the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area. The 5,200-square-foot space surrounds a protected exterior courtyard that becomes the heart of the project and welcomes visitors into the new tasting room.
Image Courtesy © Kevin Scott
- Architects: goCstudio
- Project: COR Cellars
- Location: Lyle, Washington, USA
- Photography: Kevin Scott
- Owner: Luke Bradford and Meg Gilbert, corcellars.com
- Architect’s Project Team: Jon Gentry AIA, Aimée O’Carroll ARB
- Builder: Chris Poland, Windwood Homes
- Engineer: Josh Welch, J Welch Engineering LLC
- Size: 5,200 Square Feet
- Completion Date: June, 2015
Friday, September 8th, 2017
Article source: Arielle Condoret Schechter
This small, modern house was designed for an eminent author and professor of Native American studies. A widow now, she wanted to downsize from her 3200-square-foot house and live in a new, age-in-place home in a quiet, wooded neighborhood in Chapel Hill, NC, with her dog, Calamity Jane.
Image Courtesy © Keith Isaacs, Raleigh, NC
- Architects: Arielle Condoret Schechter
- Project: The Professor’s House
- Location: Chapel Hill, North Carolina USA
- Photography: Keith Isaacs, Raleigh, NC
- Structural Engineer: Brian Moskow, Red Engineering and Design, Apex, NC
- Contractor: Ted Sanford, Immaculate Construction, Graham, NC
- Construction cost: $250/square foot
- Completed: 2017
Tuesday, September 5th, 2017
Article source: v2com
AHBE Landscape Architects, an esteemed Los Angeles-based firm known for its expertise in designing thoughtful, evocative landscapes that allow for contemplation and reflection, has created a healing environment at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center for patients, hospital staff, and visiting families and friends.
Unique solution transforms a concrete plaza into a restorative space in the city
The existing site consisted of a concrete plaza atop a multi-level garage. Using the metaphor of human skin, AHBE developed a multi-layered landscape solution that protects the existing building’s structural and mechanical integrity and accounts for an existing drainage system, emergency access, lighting and way finding, as well as extreme weather conditions. The solution – a unique, green roof-inspired system built onto the plaza’s existing structure – maximizes the impact of the landscape while minimizing construction and alterations to the existing building.
Image Courtesy © heliphoto.net
- Architects: AHBE Landscape Architects
- Project: Unveils Healing Gardens for Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Location: Los Angeles, California, USA
- Photography: heliphoto.net
- Project team: Zeke Triana, Adrienne Haynes, Kevin Hsu)
- Contractor: Frank Webb Architects;
- Civil and structural engineering:JOMA
- MEP engineers: Ball-Nogues Design Studio
- Graphics and signage: SKA Design (graphics and signage); AECOM
- Irrigation design: Sweeney + Associates
- Design Consulting: Curtainwall Design
Monday, September 4th, 2017
Article source: Laurie C. Fisher Architecture, Inc.
SAN DIEGO San Diego-based Laurie Fisher, Architect, completed the design and construction administration for a new 2,000-square-foot custom home located just blocks from the beach in the idyllic town of Del Mar, Calif.
Married couple Paul Wayne and Janice Myck-Wayne contracted Laurie Fisher, Architect, for the $1 million project, which included concept design, Del Mar Review Board process and approval, construction documents, permitting and construction administration. Fisher also performed the interior design in collaboration with Myck-Wayne.
Image Courtesy © Michel Boutefeu
Friday, September 1st, 2017
Article source: Studio Gang
Looking to enhance the student experience and remediate the nearby riverfront, Beloit College partnered with Studio Gang to reimagine a former coal-burning power plant as a student union centered on recreation and wellness.
Nestled between the College’s campus and the Rock River, the Powerhouse will feature a 10,000-sf fitness center and 17,000-sf recreational gym, including a 3-lane track and 8- lane competition pool, as well as spaces for conversation, collaboration, and study. Additional amenities include a coffee shop, student lounges, club rooms, conference center, and a lecture hall/theater.
Image Courtesy © Studio Gang
- Architects: Studio Gang
- Project: BELOIT COLLEGE POWERHOUSE
- Location: Beloit, Wisconsin USA
- Client: Beloit College
- Status: Under construction
- Sustainability: Targeting LEED Gold
- Size: 120,000 sf